• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What happened to...?

TheTriad

Beyond the rim
Whatever happened to Talia Winters, Na'Toth, Laurel Takashima, Carolyn Sykes, and Dr. Benjamin Kyle after they left Babylon 5? Thanks.

------------------

From season 5:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Na'toth is found in a dungeon on Centauri Prime, so Londo and G'Kar sneak her out.

Dr Kyle becomes head of xenobiology on Earth, later retiring to make way for Dr Franklin.
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"And you, madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning." - Winston Churchill
--
yan@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheTriad:
Whatever happened to Talia Winters, Na'Toth, Laurel Takashima, Carolyn Sykes, and Dr. Benjamin Kyle after they left Babylon 5? Thanks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1- Talia Winters-probably Dead. Bester said something about an Dissection...
2-Laurel Takashima-Dont Know. But she was originally going to be the one with the Implanted Personality that Talia ended up with.
3-Carolyn Sykes-Torn to bits by Giant Space Racoon.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

Those space racoons are nasty alright...

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
Those space racoons are nasty alright...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'll take your head off man.

actually, i think she may have broken her neck with them frictionless sheets of hers.

hehe! this is fun. We should start a club, coming up with new and awful ways to kill Carolyn...

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

[This message has been edited by Cern (edited January 21, 2002).]

Died when she challenged G'Kar to show her how high his pleasure threshold really is.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
Died when she challenged G'Kar to show her how high his pleasure threshold really is.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how Lyta died.

------------------

Maybe it wasn't a racoon, maybe it was Siclairs duck! being a duck isn't easy y'know and maybe it snapped under the pressure!

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

I don't remember the Reply, but Catherine Sakai asked about Carolyn Sykes in one of the episodes she was in, so there is Canon as to what she did after splitting up with Sinclair.

Since she was an independent Trader, she is probably still doing that. It was her trying to get Sinclair to quit and join her in that business that led to their breakup.

Well, that and the fact that his REAL love was Sakai, even though he still hadn't quite admitted it to himself.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Got filthy rich... And happy, at last
laugh.gif

Well that's the way I like to see it anyway.

I think SIL tried to show us that in the end he did find happiness. Maybe the only optimistic ending in B5... Though I could be wrong, I'm sure you guys have a lot of theories as to how he spent the rest of his life.

------------------
"If I don't see you again here... I will see you, in a little while... In a place where no shadows fall."

Babylon 5, my dear dear fellow fans, is the greatest thing on this earth. Understand how lucky you are for knowing it.

Live For The One
Die For The One
Eat At Joe's
Etc, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by breen:
Whatever happened to Mr. Garibaldi?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh well thats easy...

(spoilers just in case you ain't read the Psi-Corps trilogy)

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
he sobered up, got married, had a kid, made loads of cash, spent lots of that cash capturing bester, rammed a stake into besters grave, died, got brought back as a hologram and sparked off a catastrophic nuclear (or similar) war on earth...

...because, yes, he's THAT cool...

cheers!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>...because, yes, he's THAT cool...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also bald, as I can testify.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>2-Laurel Takashima-Dont Know. But she was originally going to be the one with the Implanted Personality that Talia ended up with<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Laurel was reassigned to the Rim. Which means her character probably did something someone didn't like (other than the actor not being in the series).

------------------
It's the quiet ones who change the universe. The loud ones only take the credit.

I'm going to post this from memory, and it has spoilers from the book "To Dream in the City of Sorrows":

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> There is no definite answer as to what happens to her, but she did disappear in a strange time warp somehow. A strong hint is given that she might have gone back in time and met up with Sinclair again, possibly becoming his wife. We’ll never know for sure, but there is a chance of a happy ending to their saga, at least. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Hypatia, your spoiler was what happened to Catherine Sakai.
The preceding questions were about Laurel Takashima.

BTW, as far as whether being sent to the rim was Exile or Promotion depends on just What sort of assignment it was.

Explorer ships on the Rim are a Plum assignment.
Remember, that's where Sheridan Came to B5 from.
And where he wished they would have let him Stay.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

No one gave the answer as to what happened to Na'Toth, so I will. She was on Narn when the Centauri bombed it. They captured her, and because she was not entertaining enough, probabaly for Cartagia, they threw her in a cell on Centauri prime. She remained there until Londo had her freed at G'Kar's insistance during season 5. She then went back to Narn, and that is all we have been told.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited January 24, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> No one gave the answer as to what happened to Na'Toth, so I will. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, but I spoiler boxed it.
smile.gif

With regard to Catherine Sakai:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>
From JMSNews:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> (blocked) asks:
> at the end was Sinclair referring to Catherine Sakai?
> And if so did she arrive before or after he did?
> CT, so what else is new?

She arrived after.

jms
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the reference is to the last line of the graphic novel 'In Valen's Name' in which Sinclair says something along the lines of 'In the end it doesn't matter, I've found her.'

------------------
"And you, madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning." - Winston Churchill
--
yan@ranger.b5lr.com

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back