• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Well folks it looks like ...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well Folks it looks like this is the end . When i heard about b5: tlotr i thought YEH ! a brilliant chance to sine in the light so to speak .. a couple of months later i started to have doubts as some shots and dilogue started to creep out i was worried that the pilot was not good enough and it looked like that my fears were right , i mentioned to it on this board to a few people and they just blasted me for saying it . i do have an opinion though that jms may have done it on purpose though , Cos he may want to end it finally maybe ?? anyway that issue is irrelevant , the thing is that this is the end and i personally believe that jms wont do another b5 .

Yo, didn't you make a post exactly like this about 3 months ago? It really didnt make much sense then, and this is no different. No new B5? I rather doubt that. Not anytime soon to be sure, but you never know whats going to happen, and you never will until it does. So such comments really are mere speculation on your part and kind of useless. But if you are parting ways with this site, then so be it. In the words of the Immortal Tigger: TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!

(Or at least for another 3 months until you make yet another post identical to this one) /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

-edit-
Hey I was right! Here is your previous post. You damn near copy/pasted the mofo, and it was almost 3 months to the day! You must suffer from broken record syndrome. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.b5lr.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=13710&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Simon%20Healy&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=13710>Previous Post</a>

You are of course entitled to your own opinion about LOTR, but to say JMS made it sub par on purpose is just stupid. No one in the entertainment biz, who is judged by their output, would dream of deliberately doing something to fail. If JMS was tired of doing B5, he just would have refused. He's doing so many things anyway. The only artistic endeavor designed to fail I've ever heard of was "Springtime For Hitler" in The Producers, and that was fiction, better fiction than your post.

"Springtime for Hitler and Germany....
dee de dee di
Winter for Poland and France..."
(chorus begins:) "....."
"... Look out, here comes the MASTER race..."

Thanks. That movie is worth remembering. Especially since Mel B. himself said he always wanted to do "Springtime for Hitler". /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Don't be stupid be a smaaaaaaaatie
come and join the nazi paaaaaaaaaaaaatie

/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Hypatia, sometimes you surprise me and every so often you totally blow me over the top!
Can't believe you remember it word for word!

No, I only typed in the ones I could remember! Anyhow, I think Mel Brooks is extremely funny in most of his movies.

And The Producers is one of the best Mel Brooks movies ever! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

this is a reply to recoil ...
my post 3 months ago was before the series was "dismissed" by sci fi . i was saying goodbye to all the peeps i talked to . it was also my view on wether it would be taken up by sci fi and i didn`t think it would . in lamens terms , it was a post that stated views wich i thought would happen . now the post i made yesterday was a post of fact.....(except the bit about jms)
hell maybe he did it crap cos he wanted to get away from sad people like you on this board !!!! can`t you see ?? babylon 5 is not real , it is a tv show , fantasy not reality .not only that but the way you replied to me was as you was speaking to me like i was an idiot or something ?? i love b5 but it seems when someone something bad about b5 they get the pi** taken out of them .. people do have their own opinions you know .... and its not for you to blast them for it ... you should say "well its not my opinion and here is why " when i made my post 3 month ago i just meant that i would never post again . oh and one more thing
I WAS RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA I TOLD YOU SO IT WOULDN`T WORK ...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Simon Healy:
<font color=yellow>
hell maybe he did it crap cos he wanted to get away from sad people like you on this board !!!! can`t you see ?? babylon 5 is not real , it is a tv show , fantasy not reality.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

So what? It's a fictional story which we want to see told. We like it, so sue us. The thing is, we want to see it told right with all the B5 universe stuff that we're used to seeing. We know that JMS was working with limited resources when he came up with TLaDiS. That's what JMS said. Still, it's hard to believe that the same guy who made B5 Seasons 2 through 4, made TLaDiS (which has the look of "War Zone" to it, errors, inconsistancies, etc.). All of this kind of makes me wish that JMS's next B5 project (IF there ever is one) will start out with a true "pilot episode" that is shown only to network execs before a series is decided upon and the pilot is aired.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Simon Healy:
<font color=yellow>i love b5 but it seems when someone something bad about b5 they get the pi** taken out of them .. people do have their own opinions you know .... and its not for you to blast them for it ... you should say "well its not my opinion and here is why </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

There were parts of TLaDiS which I, too, didn't like. They'd have had to be complete dunderheads at Sci-Fi not to see those parts for what they were, bad, and request changes. Well, they probably are complete dunderheads at Sci-Fi. Just look at their 04/02/2002 press releases. /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

<font color=yellow>hell maybe he did it crap cos he wanted to get away from sad people like you on this board !!!! can`t you see ?? babylon 5 is not real , it is a tv show , fantasy not reality .</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Um, don't take this the wrong way but why are you here then? If you don't like people talking about it, then don't read, simple as that.

I'm also quite sure that people here are aware it's fantasy and a TV show, not reality. As are all other TV shows and books, for example - shouldn't people discuss any of them? Heck, people - and respected people at that - are still talking about Shakespeare and analysing his works, can you imagine that?! /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

In reply to Simon Healy:

Sure. You can present any opinion you wish, in any manner you wish. But trust me on this: if you present your opinion in a poorly considered manner, people will ignore whatever you say, and quite possibly your future opinions too...

...therefore it is efficient to consider how you say things, and your statements above are quite inefficient in that regard. There is definite space for improvement, should you recognize the need.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kribu:
<font color=yellow>As are all other TV shows and books, for example - shouldn't people discuss any of them? Heck, people - and respected people at that - are still talking about Shakespeare and analysing his works, can you imagine that?! /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Hear, hear! (Or is it "here, here"? /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif )

Anyway, Shakespeare will be taught in english-speaking schools for forever, I think. His themes never grow old! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I was also wondering the same thing, Kribu. There are a lot of things that I don't like in the world of entertainment, especially movies and television. But I don't look down on people who watch them (like "Survivor"). And I certainly would not post on a website created by fans of those shows.

How sad.

Also, I wonder how many times Edison heard that kind of attitude. Even JMS said basically that some things work and some don't, you just have to take the bad with the good and move onto other things when a project does not work out.

Anyhow, I'd rather move away from this sad individual and get back to Springtime for Hitler! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=yellow>this is a reply to recoil ...
my post 3 months ago was before the series was "dismissed" by sci fi . i was saying goodbye to all the peeps i talked to ............. when i made my post 3 month ago i just meant that i would never post again</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Which was exactly MY point. Your post 3 months ago was to say goodbye, so why the hell did you come back and basically say the same thing about the future of B5? If you want to leave and dont come back, then do it for Christ's sake. I'll try not to shed a tear.

Listen you moron ,

i like b5. And i just get annoyed by some of the attitudes on this board sometimes . do u get it ? i`m a b5 fan !!! but that just doesn`t mean that i have to like everything about it !!! or get a bit "star trekkie" over it (i.e. magnifying every minute detail until it gets really boring ) and please dont compare jms with shakespeare , there really is no comparison jms is good but not that good .. you`ll never know you will be starting to wear the uniforms next ....

<font color=yellow>please dont compare jms with hakespeare , there really is no comparison jms is good but not that good .. </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
It was just an example. I wasn't aware that there is some sort of approved list of "good" writers whose work may be discussed even a couple of years after the publication of said work, while the work of anyone not on that list obviously should not be discussed, even if there are people interested in doing that.

So you're the kind of fan who doesn't like discussions, fine enough by me - don't discuss. Why does it bother you that some people feel differently? People have all sorts of weird hobbies, you know, as long as they aren't hurting anyone with their hobby, why should you even care?

I am not the kind of fan who'd enjoy discussing every little detail either, but I certainly don't hold a grudge to those who do like it. *shrugs* To each their own. And as people have pointed out, a lot of folks here have only seen B5 for the first time recently - or some who saw it long ago never before had the chance to talk to other fans about it. So what?

It's all about fun, after all. I doubt it's a life or death thing to most people here.

hip hip hooray kribu at last
"It was just an example. I wasn't aware that there is some sort of approved list of "good" writers whose work may be discussed even a couple of years after the publication of said work, while the work of anyone not on that list obviously should not be discussed, even if there are people interested in doing that. "
i think you are putting words into my mouth i have never said that people shouldn`t discuss anything or have an approved writers list ???? dont get u ...

"So you're the kind of fan who doesn't like discussions, fine enough by me - don't discuss. Why does it bother you that some people feel differently? People have all sorts of weird hobbies, you know, as long as they aren't hurting anyone with their hobby, why should you even care? "
it doesnt bother me that people feel differently actually it bothers the ppl on this board that i feel differently ..

but thank you kribu for some more calmed down discussion rather than aggresive chants from the others like recoil and lennier .

<font color=yellow> i think you are putting words into my mouth i have never said that people shouldn`t discuss anything or have an approved writers list ???? dont get u ... </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Sorry about that. You seemed to imply that it's OK to discuss writers such as Shakespeare but it's sad if people discuss the work of JMS, for example. Guess I jumped to conclusions too eagerly.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr><font color=yellow>it doesnt bother me that people feel differently actually it bothers the ppl on this board that i feel differently ..</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Well, to be honest, what did you expect? It is a forum for discussing B5, it says so right in the forum description. So it makes sense that the people posting here are the ones who want to discuss B5 - some in greater detail than others - and who enjoy it.

And those people who do not want to do so, don't have to come and spoil the others' fun - if you don't like this kind of discussion, or a particular thread that goes into more detail than you like, you don't have to participate, but if you come here to tell those who are having fun that they are - basically - just a bunch of sad losers for doing something you don't like, then no, people aren't going to take this too kindly. Sorry, but that's human nature.

Simon Healy:

Pardon me, but your first reply was only about 300% as aggressive as my reply to yours. Your second reply was only about 500% more.

Unless of course expressions like "listen you moron" and "sad people get a life" are your natural way of expression. If they are, do not expect others to accept them. I will not accept them. Worse than that, I will not even call you a moron... although by now, you probably hope that I would.

I consider discussing your opinions undeservant of strong emotions. I am simply suggesting that you consider how you say things... preferably before saying them. Ignore my advise at your own peril.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back