• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Was that Babylon 5 or 6

kochia

Beyond the rim
I only saw Crusade the first time it aired and I can't remember if it was explained.
In SIL B5 was blown to smithereens yet on Crusade it is still there and Lochley is still in charge.

------------------
"No boom to-day, boom tomorrow.
There is always a boom tomorrow."

First off, there is no Babylon 6, and there never will be. It is explicitly stated throughout the series that Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations.

As for what you saw on Crusade, that took place about 5 years after the second to last episode of Babylon 5, Objects at Rest. SiL took place 19 years after OaR, which means B5 wouldn't be destroyed until about 14 years after the first (and only) season of Crusade.

So, in short, Crusade takes place between the second to last ep of B5 and Sleeping in Light, the finale.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

SIL takes place 20 years after Objects At Rest. Crusade takes place 5 years after Objects At Rest.

------------------
"So I went to see Ambassador Londo, First he wants the Shadows, then he doesn't want the Shadows, first he's in the war, then he's not in the war..."

I think I see, yes I do.

Now can someone tell me what day it is
smile.gif

Not having read any of the books or scripts seems to have put me at a great disadvantage.
This old brain of mine is having trouble keeping up.
frown.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Now can someone tell me what day it is <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would Saturday.
laugh.gif
Unless you're in another part of the world, in which all bets are off.

I haven't read any of the scripts or the books either. It's all on the show. Sometimes, though, we miss the details, especially with a show as intricate as B5.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> It is explicitly stated throughout the series that Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it that everytime someone asks a question, someone always-- inadvertenly or not-- makes that person seem like an imbecile? So the guy doesn't pay attention to opening credits ... I don't either. Given the immense amount of time-skipping done over the course of B5, B5 telemovies, Crusades and LOTR, I'm surprised that the question doesn't come up more often. Hell, I still get confused at times and I've seen the damn series in its entirety some 4 times by now.

------------------
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

Placing Crusade is a lot easier once you see A Call To Arms. Since Sheridan is alive, and and the 5 year anniversary of the ISA is announced, you have an idea of where Crusade takes place without other knowledge. Darn shame Sci Fi didn't rerun the movie before showing Crusade. (If they did, my mistake.)

------------------
"So I went to see Ambassador Londo, First he wants the Shadows, then he doesn't want the Shadows, first he's in the war, then he's not in the war..."

I think I know what happened, in my case that is.
I have still not seen "A call to Arms"

The only movie I have seen is "In The Begining"
If the channel that showed the series here (In Canada) ever showed any of the movies, I did not hear about it.

I know I was very sirprised when I got my book of TV Sci-fi series and found out that there was three other movies.

I guess because Crusade came after B5 (on TV) my mind just assumed that it took place after SIL.

I know, never assume
frown.gif

At least, never in JMS's world.
smile.gif

------------------

Actually, I think they did air Call To Arms right before Crusade. I remember Joe D posting an explanation for the TNT/Crusade debacle when I asked about the uniform thing. He said that TNT wanted the first episode to be introductory, showing the crew coming together (contrary to what they initially went for, which had the beginning of the series starting with the crew already knowing each other and running missions like in Star Trek). TNT wanted this because they refused to air A Call To Arms before it. Then they aired it anyway.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kochia:
I only saw Crusade the first time it aired and I can't remember if it was explained.
In SIL B5 was blown to smithereens yet on Crusade it is still there and Lochley is still in charge.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crusade takes place before that time.

Sheridan personally recommended Gideon for the captaincy of Excalibur and in fact Gideon has a solid hero worship for Sheridan.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jackie Morden:
Placing Crusade is a lot easier once you see A Call To Arms. Since Sheridan is alive, and and the 5 year anniversary of the ISA is announced, you have an idea of where Crusade takes place without other knowledge. Darn shame Sci Fi didn't rerun the movie before showing Crusade. (If they did, my mistake.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicely so in fact, they did run the movie first.

At least here in DC they did.

Then Crusade started the next evening.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GideonsMine:
Nicely so in fact, they did run the movie first.

At least here in DC they did. I assume that different areas see different things.

Sad that other stations did not give the lead in, it was helpful considering I had not have the opportunity to see the eps on TNT (with the exception of three all were pre-empted by some other crap).

Then Crusade started the next evening.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back