• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Vorlons- ambassadors, ships, ect...

Elizar

Beyond the rim
What do you think about the 2nd Vorlon ambassador, or anything else that is Vorlon?

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

Yes, and he kept on trying to pose as Kosh, saying "We are all Kosh". What do you think of the Vorlon Planet Killer?

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

Kosh => Gandalf

Ulkes => Saruman (?) the character Christopher Lee plays...

crazy.gif

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------
Things change... long time gone by.

[This message has been edited by TheInfection (edited December 28, 2001).]

I like the second Kosh because Purple is better than Green.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
I like the second Kosh because Purple is better than Green.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange, as a Narn, I thought you'd have an aversion to purple, since that is Londo's favorite color, and G'Kar liked to walk in the green.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

We are fooled into liking Kosh until the Vorlons go on the rampage with their Planet Killers and we find the Vorlons are just as bad as the Shadows. Their motives are the same but their methods are different. No one could like Ulkesh after the way he treated Lyta.

Kosh knew from the beginning that Sinclair was or would be come Valen.
My question is when did Kosh realize that Sheridan was the man who would change history.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I like the first Kosh better than the second one. The only thing I liked about Kosh 2 was the color of his encountersuit because I like purple.
crazy.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

From what I know of the b5 story, Kosh (the first) was the only Vorlon that felt sincere compassion, and dare I say, love for the younger races. Also, I don't believe the story, as told thus far, gives us any reason at all to like his replacement.

Of the Kosh we like, I think there can be a very interesting story about how he came to think differently from those of the other Vorlons...a more complex story than his simply spending more time with the younger races in close proximity.

I have a few ideas that I've thought about for a story about Kosh, a brother, a parent, and their story in a universe with the other Vorlons, Shadows, Lorien and his people, other first ones, and the younger races. I'm tempted to write the story just for the hell of it because JMS and his B5 colleagues are not doing so now. I'm not an author...BTW, and I do not seek to be one.

I missed the stories from Amazing Stories and the B5 magazine that gave us a little more information about the first ones...or so I've read in some message boards. That said, I'd hate to write my story not knowing some glaring fact that undermines my story. Its not that I'm looking to publish it; I'm something of a perfectionist at times. I never read the first six B5 books because they were not deemed cannon by JMS.

Well, this is an interesting thread. I hope more people join in.

Eirik

------------------
It never ends; it only changes!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eirik:
I missed the stories from Amazing Stories and the B5 magazine that gave us a little more information about the first ones...or so I've read in some message boards. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Write to this guy...

Steve Saffel ( SSaffel@randomhouse.com )

...and let him know you'd like to see Del Rey come out with an anthology of the short stories that were published in Amazing Stories and B5 Magazine, plus a few new Babylon 5 Short Stories by J. M. Straczynski, Anne McCaffrey, and Neil Gaiman. That's what we're trying to get Del Rey to do. Add your voice to ours.
smile.gif

List of the Short Stories
Title, Published In, Issue, Comments

The Shadow of His Thoughts, Straczynski, J. M. , Amazing Stories, Summer 1999, Number 597, The Londo Story

Genius Loci, Straczynski, J. M. , Amazing Stories, Winter 2000, Number 599, The Lyta / G'Kar Story

Space, Time, and the Incurable Romantic, Straczynski, J. M. , Amazing Stories, Summer 2000, Number 602, The Marcus / Ivanova Story

Hidden Agendas, Straczynski, J. M. , Babylon 5/Crusade Magazine, May 2000, Number 22, The Ivanova/Warlock Destroyer/Ulkesh's Vorlon Transport/Sheridan/Lyta Story

True Seeker, Avery, Fiona, Babylon 5/Crusade Magazine, July 2000, Number 23, The Narn Story (carries on from episode 17 "Legacies" http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/017.html)

The Nautilus Coil, Keyes, J. Gregory, Babylon 5/Crusade Magazine, August 2000, Number 24, The Garibaldi/Lyta/Psi Corp/Vorlon story. Connects with "Dark Genesis - The Birth of the Psi Corps"

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 28, 2001).]

smile.gif
..Did I watch another series? I thought the second Kosh was purposely written to be a 'cracked mirror' of the first one (hint?). ...
wink.gif

Plus, anyone who enters PT ;p and makes her fell bad does not get my vote for anything except PPg practice...
smile.gif

Gary

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dgarye (edited December 29, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back