• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Very little Scifi channel promotion

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>i ment they were not promoting b5,
you guys really read into that one
crazy.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silly us. Imagine thinking that a post in the Rangers forum, in a thread where the entire discussion has been about how well the Rangers TV movie is or isn't being promoted, and which doesn't mention B5 by name, might just be about Rangers. Is my face red?

smile.gif

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
opp,s well,
it could apply to both
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a captian, SSWWWWEEETTTTT!

------------------
no surrender, no retreat

[This message has been edited by crazy (edited July 31, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I'm a captian, SSWWWWEEETTTTT! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Verily our state of captintry is screwed."

-- Thor #182. Spoken by the Thunder God soon after discovering that Captain America (aka Steve Rogers) had been fired by the President.

just kidding, congrats.

------------------
"Even I am not a Marxist" —— Karl Marx.

[This message has been edited by PsionTen (edited August 01, 2001).]

Speaking of Elvis, am I the only one here that believes that "Jailhouse Rock" was way ahead of its time? Then again, I'm biased when it comes to the King.

------------------

Ooh ooh, more music debates.

Elvis made a living by ripping off black music and making it bland and palatable for Johny and Annie-May White America. He was just a step up from Pat Boone.

Don't get me wrong, the boy could sing, but he belongs in the Overrated Musicians list I made somewhere else on this board.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

For those of you that didn't read my first posting...I recently came back from San Diego attending (incognito) "Comic Con"...The Sci Fi Channel was showing a trailer of "Legend of the Rangers" at their official booth on a periodic cycle...There was a tv set built into the booth which featured up and coming shows on the Sci Fi Channel and commerical intervals, which "B5LR Trailer" made its' appearance. And it looks AWESOME!

If "JMS" could have attended as originally planned, but due to a huge workload and a push forward with the production of "Jeremiah", he couldn't, but, if he had, there would have been a alot more publicity on "Legend of the Rangers"...and in addition to the "Trailer", there were also "Promo Postcards" being handed out...the first official publicity group shot of the cast from the Sci Fi Channel.

I know that the Sci Fi Channel would have respected "JMS" and not talk about the show as much since he (Joe) wasn't going to be there...I tried looking (at "Comic Con) for some of 'Joe's' comic series "Rising Stars" and "Midnight Nation" at "Top Cow" booth, but they told me that since "JMS" was not attending, they didn't want to show too much of his work without his presence! out of Respect!
There were a few novel form types of books of "JMS", but that is about it...

-Warren- 'Kit'

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Elvis made a living by ripping off black music and making it bland and palatable for Johny and Annie-May White America. He was just a step up from Pat Boone.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, don't misunderstand me ... you're preaching to the choir. My allegiance to the King comes mostly from the fact that he was/is a Tennessean like myself. Although I do think that he was several steps ahead of Pat Boone. Be that as it may, your observation about white people taking black music and making it palatable for the masses is nothing new... nor is it merely confined to music. The same can be said of clothing styles, slang, hairstyles.... The expression usually goes that whatever is in fashion currently in the black community will become widespread to the general public (aka white people) in a few years. I still think that is the case.

------------------

Yeah, the first post lost it's context when it got shuffled out of the Legend of the Rangers forum.

Well, nobody would have noticed, and this wouldn't have shown up as the first thread in this section, if someone hadn't become over-excited and added a new post to it.
wink.gif

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back