• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

V

DaRkEnEdStAr

Regular
Just bought the V (mini series) on dvd and love it !
had some special features on it too
tongue.gif

Yo, what the hell does your signature mean?

Are you aware of the fact that the series is being released on DVD? You dont have to miss it at all, you can own it. *points to the 2 links to the left* See, there are even pictures!

Back on topic, I may actually buy that DVD set. I always liked V.

I have the first mini-series... haven't got the second mini-series yet. The series isn't out here.

But I will have them all.
smile.gif

Diana is the bomb!

sure am recoil .. i have season one on dvd r2 . it was more about not showing b5 on tv anymore and how i think it is the end of b5 on tv and a possible end for sci fi ....

please keep on topic ..
it was certainly a brill series . I allways liked the scenes where they eat the hamsters and rats and birds .
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Yeah I really loved V too! I just looked at Play.com for the DVDs. They have 'V - the original miniseries' (pilot + 2nd episode) and 'V - the final battle'. How many discs are there in total actually to have the complete miniseries?

GenevaRanger

Aaahh - Freddy Krueger before the claw...

The mini-series were great - I taped them when SF played them a few years back. I don't think the weekly show was as good. I just can't stand that Michael Ironside for some reason.

Couldn't find any info on IMDB so i'll ask here. Was it a mini series or a tv show? Did they have both? What's the difference? Thanks

We used to watch that show when it was on during prime time way back when it first came out.
wink.gif

Couldn't find any info on IMDB so i'll ask here. Was it a mini series or a tv show? Did they have both? What's the difference? Thanks

It was a mini-series. The IMDB information.
smile.gif

A mini-series only runs for part of a season instead of a full season.

No, V wasn't just a mini-series.

It was two mini-series, followed by a series.

However, the series didn't last very long.

Kenneth Johnson wasn't involved with the series.

The two miniseries being V and V: the Final Battle and followed by 19 episodes of V: the Series

V was way better than Independence Day.
grin.gif

How many discs are there in total actually to have the complete miniseries?

I have the mini series and that is two dvd packages (V and the final battle ) both containing 2 dvd`s each , one dvd is a double sided - dvd so i guess you could say 3 or not ?

I ordered the Final Battle mini-series last night. Only £9

£9.00 ?????????? It cost me £22 for that dvd !!!
note to self ... do not buy the first thing that you see , shop around a little !! damn hmv

Well if you bought it a week or so ago, yeah... the RRP was only £20 anyway.

But prices drop on DVDs FAST these days. That may have been the going rate, but not for long.

A few months ago, Fight Club and Moulin Rouge were £25 each. I bought them both for £20 a month or so ago.

After just two months, I picked up Goldmember for £8.50 in Smiths, instead of £18 which it is elsewhere still.

I'm trying not to buy anything new... the TNG DVDs, down to £50 at Amazon.co.uk already.

The Friends DVDS, £89 down to £45... and £69 down to £21.

Yep, they're getting quite cheap now. I looked at play.com and I ordered both the V DVDs (R2). The original miniseries goes for £ 8 and the Final Battle for £ 9. Wow!
shocked.gif
Not bad at all! Does anyone know something about the quality of these DVDs (image, sound etc.)?

The original mini series is fantastic quality... far better than the first season B5 ones. But they may have had more money back then.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back