• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TV Shows on DVD

Yes, and you have to register to vote, so it may carry a little more weight with studios.

Did you check out the links I provided?

They also have DVD Reviews. Check out their B5 reviews here.
Babylon 5 In-Depth Reviews

Also check out the Polls.

i think the only votes for Crusade DVDs that are going to count for Warner Brothers are the babylon 5 sets. buy them, that´s vote enough.
smile.gif

I voted for American Gothic on this site long ago, but it didn't seem to help
frown.gif

But I'll let optimism triumph over experience and vote for Crusade anyway
smile.gif

Someone above said it best. If the B5 sets sell well, Crusade will come later. Things like this are a bit premature and not nearly as important as people actually buying the current B5 series.

1. Does it hurt to try?
2. What's it cost you?
3. If it could result in you getting to buy Crusade sooner vs. having to wait longer (past B5 Season 5 and possibly the movies), isn't it worth the miniscule effort of voting, and making your wishes known?

Answers:
1. No.
2. Virtually nothing.
3. Yes.

They don't have contact with the studios even after being online for over a year.

Two years in fact Lyta.

Regardless of the level of interest I don't think we will see Crusade until after the B5 releases are completed, particularly if (as seems to be the case) Warners are now giving B5 a higher priority than they were initially, starting significant work on one set as soon the previous one is out.

It seems totally impractical for them to drop Crusade somewhere in the middle of all of that - given that if ever a box set cried out for copious creator's notes and commentaries Crusade would be it.

I can't see any way they would release Crusade before ACtA, and I can't see any way they would release ACtA before completing B5's releases.

Don't let me put anyone off voting on this site, but I feel the non-release (so far) of Crusade probably has less to do with a reluctance on the part of WHV to do it than it does with the simple practicalities of getting B5 out in impressive sets to a timely and money-spinning schedule.

I think I will continue to buy the dvd's that is my vote and I think to WB that is the best vote of all.Instead of in a poll or a voting for a release type thing .

I'm getting the DVDs anyway but since voting didn't really take more than a minute, I didn't see the harm in it either. Even if I don't have too much faith in such things - it doesn't hurt, either.

I think it does hurt your credibility. The only thing that matters is actual letters. If your name is also on the an internet petition it is easier to dismiss you as some obsessed fan than a representation of the general public.

Not to mention that the TV Shows on DVD site doesn't ask for your name, just for your vote (hm, I can't remember whether it asked for my name in registration... I registered there ages ago and forgot about it then - but I never sign up with my real name on such sites anyway).

Besides, I never write any letters anyway (not much point IMHO, not living in a major market). I can't see how voting on a site hurts my credibility. Especially when I also vote with my money, buying the B5 DVD sets as well.

I think it does hurt your credibility. The only thing that matters is actual letters. If your name is also on the an internet petition it is easier to dismiss you as some obsessed fan than a representation of the general public.

They're not going to go to all the bother to cross check their mail vs. the names on all internet petitions they receive. No way! Sure, if you snail mailed 'em and emailed 'em every day, they'd notice your name, and put you on a "direct-to-the-wastebasket" list, but they wouldn't go to the bother to put all the people who have signed an internet petition into a database, and you know they're not going to do it (cross-check) by hand.

And writing a letter doesn't make you look like some obsessed fan??? A case could probably be made that anybody writing a letter in support of a cancelled TV show that's been dead for 4 years, is an obsessed fan. OTOH, it could also be somebody who is fed-up with the current trends in TV (e.g. "reality" TV), and just wants to say...

"Hey, you used to do good shows like 'Crusade.' Why don't you try that again?"

A real letter is more respected.

Is there much chance they would cross check, of course not. However it is probably more likely than your vote having any positive affect.

A real letter is more respected.

Possibly, but a real letter may look more obsessive, since a person has to go to more time and trouble to send it.

Is there much chance they would cross check, of course not. However it is probably more likely than your vote having any positive affect.

We're not talking about signatures on internet petitions here. We're talking about people expressing their preferences on a DVD release, on a site that requires registration (See attached pic.).

KoshN, I do need to decide what I want to say and write Bonnie Hammer again.

I was also part of the original "Save Crusade" campaign (on TNT).
rolleyes.gif

What I want to decide on is just how to write Bonnie Hammer again. "I used to watch your channel. I don't anymore" I have down pat. What to say beyond that is what I need to think about more.

"Your programming now insults me." No, too rough.

"Your programming now disgusts me.". Hmm, same problem.

"I cannot believe you can make a profit from tripe programming. I hope you all lose your jobs."

See my problem?
frown.gif
I can't figure out how to say what I want to say without being insulting.
blush.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back