• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tron remake in the works

Sinclair

I've never seen Tron, and I'm not even sure what it's about, but I've seen people here mention it, so some of you may be interested to know they're doing a remake.

Tron remake

It rocks. It has Brue Boxlienter stuck in an 80's computer. I'm open to the idea of a remake, but would have prefered a straight sequel...

Wow. If they could keep the right kind of feel, with current special effects via computer generation....heh, of being inside a computer......heh, it could be great. I would be slightly unhappy without Bruce as the title character, but he probably couldn't give it the athleticism the role would require, given his current age......

And you are missing out there Sinclair, while the effects are a bit dated it is kind of a revolutionary concept the film is wrapped in and it's done more than fairly well.

A cameo by the originals would work neatly.....I liked it when James Garner did such in the Maverick movie.

It rocks. It has Brue Boxlienter stuck in an 80's computer. I'm open to the idea of a remake, but would have prefered a straight sequel...
Peter Jurasik was in there too.. and David Warner, who also appeared on B5.

Ah, that is right, Peter Jurasik as the Compound Interest Program.....heh, that's cool. That was probably the part that convinced JMS to cast him as Londo.......... :rolleyes:

I dont remember Jurasik being in there, but David Warner was the big bad guy owner of the company as well as Sark.

Imagine being the guy who was so untalentd he had to steal other people's game programs, yet you manage to create an operating system......granted, an operating system with designs on removing humans from the equation..........the power hungary spirit of the "user" was passed on to the Operating System he wrote........

Gee, I wonder if they'll get Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt or Colin Farrell to play Bruce's character. :rolleyes:

Gee, I wonder if they'll get Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt or Colin Farrell to play Bruce's character. :rolleyes:

If they bring in a major actor to play Galen they may remove Sheridan. All the male characters in the 'I Robot' books were removed so Will Smith could show off. 'Mission Impossible' had a big cull.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back