• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Trilogy books

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just finished reading the third technomage book and now have finished all three trilogies. I enjoyed every page of all 9 books, but there was something that I noticed that seemed to be present throughout all the trilogies. Without giving anything away to anyone who hasn't read them, it seemed to me that all three series had a very dark tone to them. Not that B5 didn't have it's dark moments, but the books were much more so than was B5. Is this JMS giving us a closer look to what his stories are usually like because he can't get away with as much on tv? Or am I just reading into it too much? Either way I thought they were awesome, and I hope more are on the way relatively soon. Anyone wouldn't know anything about that by chance?

------------------

I agree there was a dark tone to all of them but there was a pretty dark tone to B5 too. I know we got a little bit of humor here and there in the series, but that didn't occur much in the books. Also things come across differently in written form than when actors are reciting the words. We need a thread listing all the funny bits in B5.
lol.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
I agree there was a dark tone to all of them but there was a pretty dark tone to B5 too. I know we got a little bit of humor here and there in the series, but that didn't occur much in the books. Also things come across differently in written form than when actors are reciting the words. We need a thread listing all the funny bits in B5.
lol.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"What's up, Drakh?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ROTFLMAO!

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

You know, I've seen that quote somewhere before, but I can't quite place it....
wink.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Book three Centauri Trilogy.

Years of including Looney Tunes as a favorite of a certain character to set up two jokes.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

And can we forget ...

Shiv'kala: "Londo, what are you doing?"

Londo: "Quack, quack."

I don't think I laughed so hard at a book in a long time! I had to buy the set for my best friend just so he'd read that line before I'd tell him about it, heehee.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mondo Londo:
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Who said the good old days are gone, eh? Uh... landing thrusters, ... landing thrusters... uh, if I was a landing thruster, which one of these would I be?"
lol.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
Years of including Looney Tunes as a favorite of a certain character to set up two jokes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two jokes? What the one that's not "What's up, Drakh."

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 31, 2002).]

God of Frustration

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>"What's up, Drakh?"
ROTFLMAO!

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I have seen the quote before. It's been my "tag" since I joined the site... Just making a funny....

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

The topic seams more crusade orinated than GD
laugh.gif

"hint"
wink.gif

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power governments and tyrants and armies Cannot stand... The Centauri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

[This message has been edited by Cleron (edited February 01, 2002).]

Not really, it involves the books, a scene from Babylon 5.

While the Drakh may have been in Crusade that hardly makes it a Crusade subject.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mondo Londo:
Actually, I have seen the quote before. It's been my "tag" since I joined the site... Just making a funny....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, didn't know it was your tag all along. I guess, like Vir, I must not have been paying attention.
laugh.gif

I just remember when I came to that line ("What's up, Drakh?") in Out of the Darkness, I laughed my butt off.
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 01, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Cleron:
The topic seams more crusade orinated than GD
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As Doctor Gonzo said, this thread is about the books, not Crusade.

Just Like the thread "Where is everyone getting this?" in your forum!
laugh.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>"hint"
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Back atcha
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

i liked all of them good..but the psi corp ones i kinda skimmed thru cus they were just too LONG.

and the centari ones..but i guess the tech books were the best or maybe centari ones..

dunno.

------------------
Remember folks, you to can be another victim! contributed by DW.:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back