• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Thought about CoD(not review, i have seen it)

I got the eps 1 week ago, but haven't had time to watch it untill now, just finished watching all 3 eps in a row( i liked it alot ). just wanted to let you all know that all 3 of these eps are better than any of the first frank herberts dune. The first episode is by far the best, followed by episode two, episode two is still better than any episode from the first mini series though.
And people might have read in a review that the miniseries had removed many of the "plans within plans" making it much of a soap opera, i disagree in that statement, it is correct that some parts were cut out(for instance, paul were never on salus secondus, and the end with alia were a little different). Though the skin on the Tyrant didn't seem at all like i had wanted it, i can forgive that. This is a great mini, and considering how well it went for the first mini, this should get smashing ratings.

Enjoy the show on monday, tuesday & wednsday. and please, if you have even the minor interest in dune, and could atleast stand to watch the first mini( i didn't like that very much, too, hmm, andromeda for me), you will probably like this.

Sincerly
Tobiasthecommie

oh, another complaint, they have changed the navigators, i still like the ones from david lynch movie better. but the navigators from CoD are even worse than the first mini series

When did Dun go off and have children? That hussy
tongue.gif

They haven't shown it up here in the True North And Whatnot so I gotta ask: did the costumes get any better? Because last time all I could think about was how silly everyone looked and it was *really* distracting.

And the set design. I understand that they had a budget, but jel lights?! Pul-eeze. It reminded my of high school drama class.

ok, sorry sorry, forgot to specify that i were talking about a sequal to dune, posted this msg in a dune forum first, then pasted it here as it were scifi. the costumes indeed are better, though it may still not be to your liking(Though ghanima is getting maried with alot of cleavage)

Back