• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Triad, Lorien, and the first ones(spoilers)

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

can anyone tell me who or what the triad is, where i can find information about them. are they Loriens race, or the race of the Hand? one of the first one races? i am curious...

------------------
Who do you Serve and Who do you Trust?

i only recently heard of this Triad in passing recently. does anyone know how they fit into the babylon 5 story?

------------------

Triad are one of the first ones that Ivanova found. They faught in the last battle and went off to the rim with the others. I know there is some info on them but i don't remember it.

------------------

In a game(trading cards I believe) one of the first one's was named the Triad. I've never seen the game itself but someone on the board posted a statement included with the game from JMS on it's status as canon. From reading the statement I do not believe that the back story included in the game is what JMS ment by it being reliable, others disagree. If I were you I would take any information from this source with a very big grain of salt.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

I'm pretty sure the game you are reffering to is Babylon 5 Wars by Agents of Gaming.

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

so what is their backstory then? i found the AoG website, but no backstory information. does anyone know the triad backstory? will anyone tell me? does anyone know a site where i can find information on them? which first one ship at the battle of coriana? there were several. i have found a new aspect of the greatest story ever told and am excited. does anyone know anything solid about the triad?

------------------

Unfortunately, to get any info on the Triad from AOG you'd have to buy one of their books. The only other thing you could do is launch an extensive search campaign on google.
wink.gif
I'll help if you wish
laugh.gif

------------------
Downbelow Sound Archive

smile.gif
thank you tigara
smile.gif

i have been using aol, yahoo, msn, a few others and found very little so far, only the interesting revelation that the walkers of sigma 957 were interdimensional travelers, and did not use hyperspace. this gives me another idea...

------------------

I just did a search on google, Godkiller,
and nothing extrordanary trned up, except they use a "spacial cutter". However I will continue with our quest for the holy grai-oops I mean Triad info, but I think the only place for info is the sourcebook from AOG.

------------------
Downbelow Sound Archive

TO ANYONE WITHIN THE SIGHT OF MY WORDS! WHO IN THE M****R F*****G H**L IS THE TRIAD? ANYONE?AAAAHHHHHH
mad.gif

------------------
Downbelow Sound Archive

Calm down buddy... i'm not sure if i should even post this now. I searched on this messageboard, not very hard

Finally, the Triad. They are actually only three beings, but poweful beyond anything except Lorien. Their Triumviron is actually constructed by them at a moments notice from the energy of the cosmos, and they can repair it just by the strength of their will. Older than all the others these three were divided once through their philosophy (one likes order, one chaos, and one neutrality), but came together again once they realized that they completed each other.

------------------

Ah, thank you jnk5y. My soul can now rest when I die. Wait a minute! I wasn't doing this for myself. I was doing it for Godkiller. Well I hope that's what you wanted to know. I..I-I guess I'm not needed anymore. Thanks again jnk5y. Au revoir all(neet "race" the triad are)

------------------
Downbelow Sound Archive

where did you find this information jnk5y? i have been trying so hard to find anything on this triad, it is nearly driving me mad. do you know anything more about them, or any of the other first one races for that matter? any interesting background information is welcome...

:::waiting impatiently:::
crazy.gif

------------------

I see I'll have to visit here more often...

The info on the Triad can be found in the Babylon 5 Wars supplement "Wars of the Ancients", byAgents of Gaming, together with stuff about the other First Ones (Walkers, Mindriders, Torvalus, Kirishiac).

And of course there's little to be found elsewhere - AoG would ruin their own business if they'd allow that...

But giving people a gerneral overview is acceptable, especially if you tell them exactly what they have to buy for the detailed story...
wink.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

"Go on, watch out for Shadows - we'll watch you right back!"

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

this is from shadowscout just reposting what he already said...

The Kirishiac, flying their Kirishiac Lordship with hyper-dense armor and gravitic weaponry. These are the youngest of the first ones, and the most warlike. In ancient times they thought they could take on the rest of them, but lost that war...
The Torvalus are flying the stealthy, powerlaser-armed Dark Knife; these water-born, manta-shaped creatures like to keep hidden, observe and make bets on the actions of younger races. Once they also were into warfare and strength through conflict, but left that behind a loong time ago.

The Mindriders, with their "Thoughtforce" starship. They are almost as old as the Vorlons, quickly evolved beyond their bodies and are masters or psionic powers - all their tech is actually a result of these powers. They like to make vacations in the minds of younger races, and enjoy watching their actions.

Everyone knows the Vorlons already...

The Walkers with their Traveler starship were also mentioned - they are exploration-crazed and always away mapping some other dimension (they actually discovered Thirdspace before the Vorlons did, but since they didn't make a door that one caused no problems...). In fact, all their weapons are actually scientific devices on extreme power - they really can (and do) scan something until it desintegrates...

And our favorite Shadows are also well known to any B5 fanatic...

Finally, the Triad. They are actually only three beings, but poweful beyond anything except Lorien. Their Triumviron is actually constructed by them at a moments notice from the energy of the cosmos, and they can repair it just by the strength of their will. Older than all the others these three were divided once through their philosophy (one likes order, one chaos, and one neutrality), but came together again once they realized that they completed each other.

And apart from these "ancients", there is The First One, Lorien (though since he never went beyond the rim to check out other galaxies, we actually don't know if there's an older being living in another galaxy, or dimension...)

------------------

Just remember that, since JMS didn't write it, he retains the right to tell everyone that Agents of Gaming got it All Wrong.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

As to the question of B5 Wars reliability, since a lot of people who havent seen/played the game (and some who have) dont consider it very reliable, I'll post an excerpt from the foreword to the Rules Compendium, written of course by JMS. I don't think posting this is gonna seriously step on anyone's toes, if it does though just say it here and I'll come back and remove it. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>"When other licensees needed information on ship configurations or weapons capabilities, we referred them to the Agents of Gaming books. When we were in production and engaged in the writing of episodes or the mapping out of sets, if I was not available to answer a specific question on a technical area covered by AoG...the people involved were directed to go to the AoG books. Whenever AoG miniatures showed up on set, there was always a feeding frenzy of the sort usually associated with an unlucky cow falling into a river filled with piranha. What I'm saying, in this roundabout way, is that if you want the Real Deal, if you want accuracy, canonical authority, and the best of the best when it comes to Babylon 5 licensing and gaming...you've come to the right place."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incidentally, AoG right now only has the license for B5, so no Crusade or Rangers stuff has been posted yet. To quote from AoG's website.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> When are we going to see a miniature or ship control sheet for the Excalibur (Victory-class) from Crusade?

This is our #1 question. The answer: We don't know. The problem is, our license covers only Babylon 5, not Crusade. Even though there was a brief mention of the Excalibur's ship class in Season 5, that does not give us permission to use the ship in our game unless we purchase an expensive new license covering the Crusade series. Now, the announcement of a new movie (Legend of the Rangers) as the pilot for a new series only further complicates matters. Essentially, we are waiting to find out what happens with the new series before we make any attempt to modify our license. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Proud B5 fanatic and member of the [ReM]Counter-Strike clan.

thank you jnk5y. was there more information in the book or was that all? if there is more i think i may buy it. thank you!!! ive always been interested in learning more about the first one races, the walkers in particular always fascinated me. these kirshiak sound interesting, anyway...
thank you, this raises all sorts of questions, hopefully a few can be answered someday.

------------------

so are the triad a b5 version of star treks Q?

------------------
Remember folks, you to can be another victim! contributed by DW.:)

So does the info that Wolf Blitzer posted confirm that Jnk5y's info is actually canon? I'm still skeptical (or stubborn, depending on how you look at it).

I guess I still feel that if it ain't in the script of a B5 episode, TV movie, spinoff show, or the words of a JMS-endorsed novel, it ain't canon--and even then, JMS has the power to change his mind at any time.

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to soldiers fighting overseas and to their families.

Back