• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The theme—I like it!

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
The theme—I like it!

Having seen a few Crusade episodes now, I have to firmly say I like the theme and credits. It's a very subtle theme tune, and although nice as an MP3, isn't quite the same. The imagery is much stronger here. The focus is put on the imagery, and I feel it fits with the music very well.

So I approve!

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Re: The theme—I like it!

I love the theme lol..it was in my head all last night for no reason..

Who's that in the picture there Antony?

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

I like the music, too. Specifically? Look at the end of Warzone, where Gideon is talking to Galen. The beat that they play after Galen agrees to join Gideon is my personal favorite. I don't know what it is. It has this feel to it that's just fun and it makes me smile. Goes well with a lot of Crusade's characters, like Gideon, Galen, and Eilerson, who themselves are a lot of fun.

------------------

wait..is that julie benz?

I studied it a bit further...and that's who it looks like to me...

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

That music is SWEET. This guy (Evan Chen?)is writing music that's pretty much cutting edge for TV. I watched Call To Arms tonight on SciFi and the music was outstanding. It really gives the whole thing this great "postmodern" flavor that enhances the whole mood. Kudos to Mr. Chen, for sure.

------------------
Understanding is a three-edged sword.

I didn't like Chen that much in ACtA. However, Chen's music for Crusade is quite appropriate, given its differences from B5, like it being based on a ship, etc.

Antony's not playing fair. He gets to have Julie Benz while the rest of us have to settle for something else. :-(

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up.
Ivanova: In that case we're all going to die slow, agonizing deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

I agree back when CRUSADE came out
all these people were knocking Chen's
score. I thought it really fit the mood
of the series. I would hope if CRUSADE
ever returns in some form they would
use him again.

------------------

I really like the opening credits for Crusade. The imagery is great and just really draws you in, and its accented by good music. I think it's the camerawork and images that does it for me, but the music ties it all together into one incredibly cool package.

I like it a lot better then I liked the opening credits for any of the 5B seasons.

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

Yes it is Julie Benz... and I own the place, it's my prerogative to have it. Besides, I should have my own pic to be more unique.
smile.gif

Going back to the music... I really disliked it in A Call to Arms, and was even a bit too much in Warzone. I hated how they didn't have any special effects noises or dialogue when it came to space battles, and only the music. It drowned it, and for me completely took out the dramatic element. They did it a bit in Warzone, but after that I feel the balance was gained.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

I rather despised the music at first... we were dragged (some of us kicking and screaming
smile.gif
) from Christopher Franke's music to this "pots-and-pans-clanging" sort of music. Many of us didn't take to it, but after the passing of a few years, I find that it has quickly "grown on me," as Humans say. The techno sound hadn't quite caught on back then as it has now, and I think that had something to do with my recent change of opinion.

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

At first i wasn't too sure abput the them. But when it picks up 1/2 way thru, it's a very beatiful piece of music. I really like the theme and a lot of the instrumental stuff. Sometimes i find the background music a little intrusive tho.

------------------
I'll take flawed genius over offensive banality anyday

Yes, the theme - I like it. Also a lot of the background music is cool. Didn't care much for the ACtA score though.

------------------
vakie

I am sort of into complex harmonies to the point of discordance so I always liked the music. Never had a complaint for it.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back