• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Telepath War [SPOILERS]

D

**DONOTDELETE**

From the Crusade writers bible:

Lennier, former aide to Delenn, is deceased, killed in action during the telepath crisis of 2265.

Lyta Alexander, who helped create a force to bring down the Psi Corps, was also killed in action during the telepath crisis.

Yeah. Don't mean to be short with you. It's just been discussed here a lot in the past. I didn't check out your diamonds/post count before I responded. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif ........ My bad. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

yeah although i'm really enthusiastic about Babylon 5, my knowledge of stuff like this is really limited

In other late-breaking news, "WWII Over, Allies Win", "Titanic Sinks" and "Wright Bros. fly"

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The writer's guide was made available to fans back in 1999, so this has been discussed a lot over the years, though obviously you weren't aware of that.

JMS had planned to depict both Lyta and Lennier during the Telepath War, in the flashback from the Crusade episode "The Path of Sorrows". Lyta would have been the rogue held captive in the Psi Corps base on Mars. Lennier would have been seen holding off the guards as she arms the bomb near the end of Matheson's flashback. Even that snippet is ambiguous, since it is possible that one or both of them escaped through an underground tunnel or something before the blast. It would have been a typical JMS tease, but it I can't tell if it would have been a "WWE" G'Kar/Londo tease, or a "Deconstruction of Falling Stars" Garibaldi gets shot tease. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Because they couldn't get Pat Tallman for the episode the teep was changed to another character, and there was no point showing Lennier if Lyta wasn't there. So, assuming this is really how JMS originally intended for them to die, he is now free to change the circumstances of their eventual deaths. There is some indication that he plans to do so.

In the run up to the production of the Rangers pilot, JMS got a lot of questions about who from B5 was going to be in the film. A lot of people hoped/expected to see Lennier, preferably doing something to redeem himself. But JMS indicated that the film took place after the Teep War. When specifically asked if Lyta and Lennier died in the war, JMS gave subtly different answers. To the Lyta question he simply said, "Yes". When asked about Lennier he said, "Right around there, yeah."

Which may mean that they no longer die together, and that he may have a new idea about the nature of Lennier's passing.

Regards,

Joe

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
In other late-breaking news, "WWII Over, Allies Win", "Titanic Sinks" and "Wright Bros. fly"

[/quote]

i deserved that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

but thanks for that dark age information, i'll remember to check how old my info is from now on, promise

What a friendly bunch we are.

I've had this debate before. If we always jump on some poor new arrival saying "oh, that was discussed a lot a long time ago" we will quickly dwindle down to non-existance.

Lighten up, dudes and dudettes. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

The telepath war (or therin lack of) has been a curiosity for all B5 fans since word of it was mentioned. Unfortunately, it looks like that story will never come to pass. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by hypatia: </font color>
Lighten up, dudes and dudettes. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

[/quote]

I did. Hence, the /forums/images/icons/blush.gif .

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Yeah a real drag we may never even see the telepath war and that justs burns me up especially when I see all the trek stuff out why can't something B5 related ever be easy.

Heaven forbid if the poster had a 1000 post count and said the same thing, eh? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
I did. Hence, the /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

[/quote]

Anyhow, the day that "old" or even "stupid" questions can't be asked around here, I'm in BIG trouble. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Yeah a real drag we may never even see the telepath war and that justs burns me up especially when I see all the trek stuff out why can't something B5 related ever be easy.

[/quote]

I bet JMS asks himself the same question a lot. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

It seems to be our lament at this board. "When there is so much junk on tv, particularly so-called "science fiction", why can't a quality product like a post-B5 project get funded?

/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Hell, I'd agree to start buying various products if it would help! Campbells soup? Yea, I'll send in a couple of dozen labels and tell them that I am grateful that they advertise on the new JMS show.

Besides, it got me some nice coupons last time. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I am talking about $5 coupons, $2 coupons, and many more down to about 50 cent coupons, I think, IIRC.

It was a joke guys. (Hence the /forums/images/icons/smile.gif)

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

And there are no stupid questions.

<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">Only stupid people who ask questions.</font></td></tr></table>

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Joe

just my 2 cents... I have followed B5 from day one, and surfed the net for many years.

I did NOT know that Lennier supposedly died in the Teep war. Lyta yes, Lennier, no. Just goes to show ya... and this is from a guy that knows people who worked on the show, and almost got to myself...... (B5 that is, not Crusade)

So is the Crusade Bible posted up anywhere for people to read?

thx,

laz

So is the Crusade Bible posted up anywhere for people to read?

[/quote]

No. Warner Bros. never made a deal for that kind of thing, and anyone who did post it would be doing so illegally. Printed copies were sold through the Official B5 Fan Club at one time. I have a copy around here somewhere, along with the B5 S1 bible and the original B5 series proposal (which is radically different from the series that was eventually made.) All purchased through the fan club some years ago. I would imagine copies turn up from time to time at convention dealer's rooms and on auction sites like eBay.

Regards,

Joe

I didn't know about this either. But then I'm just a regular fan, who would LIKE to become an obsessed fanatic, but hasn't got the time and energy.

But then I'm just a regular fan, who would LIKE to become an obsessed fanatic, but hasn't got the time and energy.

[/quote]

Try getting laid off. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif It is amazing what you can do when all those hours you used to devote to working suddenly become available. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Regards,

Joe

Damn, I wish the FanClub was still up. I wonder what George Johnson's doing with all that stuff. I'd like to buy some scripts and another B5 Hat (black hat with black brim, dark blue "Babylon" and a silver "5").

You know what else would be cool, a B5 front license plate for the holder on my front bumper. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif e.g. like one of the diamond designs below (cleaned up, of course).

b5noveldiamonds.jpg

Here's what I currently have in the back window of my truck (in addition to the Babylon 5 Crusade one on the right). /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

DSCN0179a.jpg

DSCN0178a.jpg

DSCN0176a.jpg

Man, go back to fix a typo (George not Goeoge), and it frells up the pics. Man I got a headache. Where's my coffee? Oh great, now my ISP disconnects. Argh! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

And here to illustrate my point - Kosh! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Man, you need to find a job, for your mental health even more than your financial well-being. You have way too much time on your hands. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I like the license plate idea, though.

The Galactic Gatewy recently posted a message saying that they would have original scripts and other items for sale on their site soon. Not sure if this stuff comes from George's stash or not.

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back