• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Shortened Season 4

Probably not. Slowly planting the seeds. Remember you see 1 Drakh, you see an example of a Keeper, and then not much until the Centauri arc kicks in. The two dont appear to be related until later. Slowly planting the seeds...

The Drakh always seemed to prefer to try and work their maliciousness slyly and quietly when they dealt with the Centauri. It was probably one of the bigger techniques they learned from the Shadows. Being that they lost that one mothership and many smaller ships thanks to their trying to work over the Minbari, I think they probably decided it was best to back off for a bit. After all, like they told Londo, they are patient.

The guy on Mars remains unexplained, however. Perhaps he wandered a little too close to Syria Planum... but even still. Perhaps the Drakh were assisting Clark, as their masters had before them, but the Keeper on Mars is probably the only evidence for such a theory.

I don't see the great mystery. We know the Shadows were helping Clark, going back to before Santiago's assassination. So the cooperation was established. The Drakh wanted to get back at Sheridan for what he had done to the Shadows. Now we have the Mars Resistance, which Sheridan is going to need if he's to take the Sol system and Earth, which is also on Clark's list and which is newly wary of telepaths thanks to the bloodhound units. It isn't hard to imagine a scenario where suspicions about Capt. Jack's ties to the Resistance lead to the Drakh capturing him and planting a Keeper on him while he's tooling around the galaxy aboard his brother's ship. I forget the transmitting range of a Keeper (Kosh_N will probably know it in meters :)) but I seem to recall that it is substantial - enough that "its" Drakh might not even need to be on Mars.

Capt. Jack's Keeper may be "unexplained" in the sense that JMS never spells the whole story out for us, but it isn't a mystery because I think we are given more than enough information to work things out for ourselves.

Regards,

Joe

I know that, but why they were introduced in the middle of the season 4 and they disappeared from the episodes for one year. I think JMS planned more Drakhs in the season 4.

Let's see, the Shadows, don't appear until the 13th episode of the first season and don't show up again until the last episode of the season. Yet they were the main villians of the series.

This is one of JMS's tricks; he makes you go "WTF was that?" to make you come back for more.

Back