• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The presence of the actors here seems to be a well kept secret

I haven't seen any mention of the fact that six members of the Rangers cast have posted here in either the SFC Babylon 5 board or the moderated newsgroup, or any other general SF board. I wonder how long that's going to last, and whether or not we'll get a flood of new users when the word gets out.....

------------------

u should be hoping word dosent get out

we will be flooded in all possable ways sigh best not to think about it

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprissioned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power goverments and tirants and armies Cannot stand... The centuri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

Hey I didn't know it untill someone mentioned it in the chat room.

See what you miss when you stay in the off topic lounge?
laugh.gif

------------------
THRAWN
Official ambassador
to Babylon 5 from The People's Republic of Haven.

"Grandpa, there's only 49 stars on this Flag."
"I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missoura."
- Marge & Grandpa

If you go to http://pub79.ezboard.com/fbabylon5thelegendoftherangersfrm8 you can post at my board. :)

Over at Slipstream we have many of the writing staff which post regularly. It isn't much of a secret either (they all have Staff Writer or something to that effect under their names). They have been a valuable source of information pertaining to Andromeda and the reception they have received has been IMHO more than positive.

I don't think we have any reason to fear others finding out about the actors being here.

Terann

------------------
Teeps rule; Mundanes get spaced

Revere the Founders
Obey the Vorta
And don't poke the Jem'Hadar

Most of the time we post here and hang out because it's where we get information on the show itself. So far I've received all of my info from here; show time, links to interviews, speculations and opinions. I love it!

Thanks for keeping us in the "know" and keeping my back scratched, I'll scratch yours whenever I get a chance!
laugh.gif

Dean
aka: Malcolm "boom boom" Bridges

------------------

Alyt Terann's post gave me an idea. Over on Sci-fi's board for the Invisible Man, Mike M., who plays Eberts on the show, posts the Eberts' File every week that a new episode is shown. In his post, he basically recounts what he thought of the script, shooting, etc. It is always interesting to see what he has to say.

Perhaps we could impose upon the cast of Rangers to do something similar when the movie airs? I am sure that we would all appreciate it.

Frizzell

------------------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
-Jonathan Swift

"What you regard as inconsequential dental forms are in fact more, much more. They are in fact symbols, symbols of America.
Although the world will little note nor long remember what we do today in these hallowed halls. I tell you this with no degree of uncertainty. That forms filed in triplicate are the very foundation of democracy.
Why do we file Robert?
Why?
One word. Freedom...

"I love the smell of toner in the morning."
-Eberts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
I think I came to B5LR for the first time in June or so.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make that May, Hyp... it says so under your posts.
wink.gif

But I agree - it's a lot of fun to learn what others know/think! I have a lousy memory so I'm never too sure about what really happened or what I'm just imagining...

Anyway, once the Rangers movie airs, then we'll have a reverse of roles, I think - then you guys - the actors, I mean - are the ones who know everything!
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

I think I came to B5LR for the first time in June or so. In that time I have learned more about B5 than in the YEARS I had been watching it before. And a lot of it is not in the "Lurker's Guide", either.

I still think the "Teddy Bear" thing is hilarious. See, REAL cat lovers don't like "cute".
tongue.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

This place is nice, and gives you a chance to observe the elusive DeMartino in it's native habitat.
smile.gif

If you want some of the side stories or a slightly different point of view I would suggest the ep synopsis on the galactic gateway. I believe it was the home site for Pat Tallman and Jeff Willerth(yeah I know they're probably spelled wrong) and the synopsisesessees are done by someone who apparently knew Pat and even got to go on set a couple times. They have some interesting stuff, like the story of Doyle's broken arm and things about the whitestar set, and is a nice addition to lurkers.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Springob:
I haven't seen any mention of the fact that six members of the Rangers cast have posted here in either the SFC Babylon 5 board or the moderated newsgroup, or any other general SF board.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ya'know... I glad nobody's spilled the beans, becase that increases the chance that those who show up do so out of guenuine interest in the show.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Originally posted by Chris Springob:
I haven't seen any mention of the fact that six members of the Rangers cast have posted here in either the SFC Babylon 5 board or the moderated newsgroup, or any other general SF board.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ya'know... I glad nobody's spilled the beans, becase that increases the chance that those who show up do so out of guenuine interest in the show.

Me too because i know of several posters on other board who would be quite obnoxious if they started spouting off

mad.gif

------------------

New users are always welcomed as long as they don't cause trouble
smile.gif

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

Thank you AndrewSwallow, I can't believe I forgot that.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

I'm sure news will spread, much like news of the site itself spread really quickly.

I will have to be the parent again soon though, and impose some guidelines on the forum. Nothing untoward, but mostly a clamp down on posts directed towards the actors.

One obvious reason is that the forum will become full of them, and the actors might be scared off, or users will get tetchy if their question isn't answered. Trust me, I can see it coming. A new users comes in, asks a question, then has a hissy fit if they're ignored. We can't go down that route!

It would be nice if the actors can contribute where they feel they want to more than being summoned upon. Also interviews and perhaps moderated chats are a great alternative ways of being kept informed.

If a series goes ahead, things will just get more complex.

But these are also things I will speak over with the actors themselves. I need to do plenty of emailing, but I'm very behind on the B5LR life right now. I have at least four news items to post too. Soon, soon...

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

Antony, you can do moderated chats? Ever since the scifi.com chat with JMS was cut off after something like 20 odd minutes, I've been dieing to be in a moderated chat with JMS again. He types much faster than most chat guests, and so he can answer many more questions. He also has a sense of humor. I imagine he also has far, far more than his fair share of people trying to interrupt the chat, too.

Anyhow, any hope of a moderated chat, if not with JMS with someone involved with production of B5LR?

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Well I hope some of the actors will, but have yet to talk about that though.

I could always ask JMS.

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

I hope word doesn't get out too much that the actors are here. Having known a couple of local celebrities, I know people tend to get a little nuts around anyone who's even a little well-known. I guess a little hero-worship doesn't hurt, but at a certain point, it gets out of hand. I certainly wouldn't want to chase them off with too much of the wrong kind of attention, they seem like nice people.

------------------
We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back