• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The new Race (possible spoiler)

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
If it happened, it must have happened a long time ago. Before they got irrevocably carried away with their order versus chaos dispute.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever been on a long-term committee that starts off productive but ends in "chaos"? It is amazing how a group can go from cooperation to mutual hatred in a surprisingly short period of time.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davethedivine:
Everyone so far has talked about the Hand being banished First Ones or middle chindren, but what about the possibility of them being from a different galaxy?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bully doesn't necessarily stick around if he has reason to move on. I seem to remember the word "Universe" being used instead of the more common "Galaxy" which pops up a lot in B5.

I've posted to a couple of threads that it seems that is a possibility, and a good one I think. Maybe the huns are sweeping back to our section of the universe. Or, did so before and were imprisoned somehow.

I'd bet that we can't count on the Vorlons or Shadows to pop back and take care of this little mess for us.

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Moved to Rangers forum.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davethedivine:
Religion is the opious of the
masses.
-Marx
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you mean Opiate.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

that last post seems to have gone out three times, all a minute apart. i have no idea what's going on, but I didn't do a triple post on purpose. anybody know what causes that?
crazy.gif

------------------
Religion is the opiate of the masses.
-Marx

cern- whatever, no, not whatever, you're right: I just looked it up. <sigh> perfection continues to elude me. thanks for pointing it out. Anyways, hypathia- i agree. having the Shadows, Vorlons, and misc. First Ones come back and save our colective butts ain't gonna happen: we're on our own for this one, guys.

------------------
-Marx

Nope.

didnt mean to p!$$ you off Dave. I just have a boss at work that CONSTANTLY screws up stuff like that and I cant help but try and correct it.

There was a time he mixed up the words "coup" and "haiku". I nearly wet myself laughing at him.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

that last post seems to have gone out three times, all a minute apart. i have no idea what's going on, but I didn't do a triple post on purpose. anybody know what causes that?
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmn I do not know, did you press submit reply 3 times? Ortherwise I do not know.

Hey just so you know when you do double post(or triple in your case
smile.gif
) you can easily delete the extra copies.... just go to edit post then delete..

Anyway I deleted you extra 2 so np.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Deviot- thanks for the advice, I'm kinda new to webboards in general. oh, yeah, and cern, don't worry about it. I go through that kinda thing EVERY f****** day in school. It's the price i pay for right more times than I'm wrong. And I can understand the boss thing: my social studies teacher last year knew less about the course than I did, so I ended up virtually teaching the class, but without the pay. This is sorta off-topic, so I'll try to bring it back to the Hand. What do you people think of the possibility that the Hand are just leftover weapons from an extinct race, trying to fight a war that was over hundreds, thousands, or millions of years ago? The name might suggest that: they were the 'Hand' of the______.

------------------
-Marx

In reply to Dave:

A most interesting idea, one which I haven't considered yet. It could easily be something like this. Thanks for the suggestion!
smile.gif

To see whether it's true, somebody would have to ask the Hand "what do you want". If they are sentient enough to formulate their own answer, they are not leftover weapons. But there are no "associates" around to ask them.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited January 05, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sigma:
Speaking of The Hand...

maybe they have a cure for a drakh plaque. Any thoughts?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean if a series follows and the Hand will play a part in it, or just in this movie?

The plague hasn't hit Earth yet by the time of the movie so the Rangers - or anyone else - wouldn't know about it.

But of course, should the Rangers get a series and the Hand will stay in it, it would be an interesting possibility.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
You mean if a series follows and the Hand will play a part in it, or just in this movie?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i hope they are not Thirdspace like one-episode-superaliens. I'm sure main plot (of the series) would be around the Hand.

------------------
www.zone.ee/b5project

[This message has been edited by Sigma (edited January 05, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I'm sure main plot (of the series) would be around the Hand.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it.

JMS never does the Obvious.

If he follows previous patterns, we'll start out with a red herring (the Hand?) for a ferw episodes; then, we'll start to Notice the hidden hints; next, the hints will become Misleading; Finally, he'll hit us with the Truth.

The only thing we can be sure of is that the Truth will blindside us.

And that it will have been staring us in the face the whole time.

We need to start practicing hanging upside down while we watch the episodes in a mirror.
wink.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Speaking of The Hand...
maybe they have a cure for a drakh plaque.

Any thoughts?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definately the helping hand then.
wink.gif

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> have a cure for a drakh plaque.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are intergalactic Dentists??
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

Or were you thinking of the Drakh of the Month plaque??

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

If you'll remember correctly, JMS has already done the "left over weapon from an extinct race" thing once before. It was in a S1 ep. Someone smuggled on some artifacts that ended up taking the guy over and turned him into a killing machine. Can't remember the ep right off hand, i'll have to check the lurkers guide to find out, so i might post something else on this later. But since he's already done that type of thing before, i don't think he'll do it again (even though it would be on a bigger scale). Props to you tho for an interesting thought.

Jerome

------------------
I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One. We die for the one.

i found it.....it was the ep "infection"

"Ikarra 7, now a dead world, was a thousand years ago home to a highly advanced space-faring society. Their technology was organic: tools and artifacts made of living tissue yet immune to decay. Invaded over a dozen times, they finally built 12 devastating organic warriors to protect them. Programmed to destroy any but "pure Ikarrans", those warriors repelled the last invasion and went on to kill any Ikarran who deviated from the ideal (ie all of them). A transcript of the scene in which this is discussed is available"

I pulled that little bit of info from the ep list of B5 Encyclopedia

Jerome

------------------
I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One. We die for the one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back