• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Name "Galen"

BlackStar

Beyond the rim
The Name \"Galen\"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Ga·len [gáyln ] (129-199?)
Greek physician and scholar. His anatomical studies formed the basis of European medical practice for 1,400 years.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, JMS doesn't miss anything, does he?
wink.gif

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

Re: The Name \"Galen\"

Too true. Also, Galen means "calm."
smile.gif
That's something I wouldn't really equate with Galen himself.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Galen is Calm.
A man with No Surviving Enemies can afford to be Calm.
tongue.gif
cool.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Galen originally wanted to become a healer, choosing his mage name in honor of the ancient physician. Unfortunately, it turned out that he had no talent for healing at all.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited December 28, 2001).]

*chuckles* Well, he's calm now. And that's probably why he is calm. One of the reasons, anyway.
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back