• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The long waiting

The good old Lurker's Guide now has a new updated page on the TMoS.
There's a nice timeline about the movie talks since the first time JMS spoke of it in 1998.
Here's the link:
http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/116.html

By the way, does anybody knows Steven Grimm?
I know he was mentioned in S5 set, I believe.
There's any chance that he may have some inside information?

Almir

Oh Im not debating that, just that he doesnt avoid arguing with suits like CE said. In fact he would RATHER argue than produce crap, as you put it. :)

You are misinterpreting what I've said. I said, JMS does not like to argue if he can avoid it. I never said he wouldn't if he needed to. He would rather have the creative control he needs and desires, with little to no meddling by suits, than to argue about it. But if they do start meddling beyond the industry norm (there's always some amount of nose-sticking), then he will make his voice heard...even if that means walking.

The original post suggested that JMS loves to argue with suits...as if he did it on purpose, because he liked to do it, and thus caused problems for him in the biz. I was correcting that false image of JMS.

CE

Just a very idle thought last thing on a Friday, do Warners have any kind of presence at the San-Diego Comic Con?? A

ll sorts of movies from Transformers to Watchmen are being announced there, it would make sense for some kind of B5 announcement to be made then, even if it's only on new books or another media spin off. But I guess things have still not reached the right time for a public announcement...

We wil know, when we will know...

Probably the fact that it has been a LONG TIME since this was talked about, and we haven't heard SHIT from anyone about it. No news is not always good news.

In this context no news is not good news. I believe JMS may have jumped the gun by letting us know that there were plans for a B5 movie. But that just seems to be the way of things when B5 is in the equation. It is becoming increasingly clear that these TMoS plans may not have been finalized.

Anyway, hope springs eternal. That is why I give a slight ly greater chance of the project happening than not. Although if another month passes without any word then I downgrade to 40%.

I kind of wish I could send the applicable people (Warner Bros. Execs, actors, whoever) here and have them put their cursor over the Flamingo.

Flamingo Says It All.

Listen to the Flamingo, people. :devil:

I wish you'd try to send that, KoshN! :LOL: :LOL: And while it expresses my frustration/impatience over this whole thing, I'm going to turn a blind eye to all the percentages and am sticking with, "Faith manages"...

I don't believe these things can happen over night, there's too much money involved..too many hoops for too many people to jump through. I expect even more delays, more silence..I'm prepared for that, and it sets me up for a pleasant surprise should I hear something sooner than I expected. That doesn't mean I don't want to talk about it, or "see" it discussed..I think that's a good thing. In fact, I'd really like to know about the "moderated newsgroup" that has been mentioned. How do I find it? Even if I can't participate, I'd love to be a fly on the wall! :D

I said a long time ago (and got some flack for it) that it seemed to me JMS was getting people awfully hot and bothered about the whole TMoS thing way too early.

And that's when he was hinting strongly that mid-May would be the time of the big announcement. :LOL:

All I can say is he was having so much fun dropping little hints. He's either run out of obscure hints, or something has made the process take a LOT longer than anticipated.

Even his own board hardly breathes a word about this anymore, except to change their guesses in the contest.

I wish you'd try to send that, KoshN! :LOL: :LOL:
I wish I could but I can't. It's a Macromedia Flash thingy. Can't send a link to just take them directly to the Flamingo, or send it to them as an attachment. <shrug, sigh>

And while it expresses my frustration/impatience over this whole thing, I'm going to turn a blind eye to all the percentages and am sticking with, "Faith manages"...
Faith may be managing, but I'm falling asleep. ;) :LOL:
(Yes, I know the B5 meaning and origin of the saying.)

I don't believe these things can happen over night, there's too much money involved..too many hoops for too many people to jump through.
Seems like somebody has to be stalling, or WB isn't all that interested. Even if it is going to take many years to get it into the theaters, I wish WB would give us something, news-wise. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I expect even more delays, more silence..
Good Grief! Not more silence! What is this, a stealth project? My patience is wearing thin with all this silence from WB's end of things.

I'm prepared for that, and it sets me up for a pleasant surprise should I hear something sooner than I expected. That doesn't mean I don't want to talk about it, or "see" it discussed..I think that's a good thing. In fact, I'd really like to know about the "moderated newsgroup" that has been mentioned. How do I find it? Even if I can't participate, I'd love to be a fly on the wall! :D
You can post to rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated by emailing your posts and replies here:

b5mod@deepthot.org

You can also get to it through your news server. If your ISP doesn't offer a news server, you can get to it through news.individual.net It's text-only, but it's better that what I had (which was nothing) after my ISP deleted the newsgroup feature without notice. :mad: Somebody here recommended news.individual.net to me, but I can't find that post. :mad: (frustration)

You can also get to it via Google Groups:

Google Groups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Even his own board hardly breathes a word about this anymore, except to change their guesses in the contest.

Right, you can almost see the tumbleweeds blowing through rastb5m and all associated B5 boards right now. It's as if everybody involved with B5 project had been plucked off of the planet. As far as official news or JMS-postings are concerned, the B5 universe is like a ghost town.

Zzzzzzzzz.

Well, I just hope the deal is delayed, and not abandoned.

Do you suppose if it is abandoned he'll say so, or just hope everyone forgets? :LOL:

Well, I just hope the deal is delayed, and not abandoned.

As do I !!!

Do you suppose if it is abandoned he'll say so, or just hope everyone forgets? :LOL:

My guess: 51/49 in favor of "He'll say if it's abandoned." ...though how long he waits before he says anything is unclear.

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

JMS must be really busy now.

I am sure that when he can let us know anything else he WILL!

And that's when he was hinting strongly that mid-May would be the time of the big announcement. :LOL:

All I can say is he was having so much fun dropping little hints. He's either run out of obscure hints, or something has made the process take a LOT longer than anticipated.

Well, there is the script rewrite (of unknown size and consequence) required by the death of Richard Biggs for one thing.

It seems to me that, having dropped all these hints, if the project was now a definite no-go JMS would have said so, as he has done with previous projects such as Polaris and The World on Fire (about which there weren't even any hints beforehand AFAIK).

There is probably nothing left for him to hint at, short of actually coming out and telling us (which is a complete no-no of course): he has dropped enough hints to tell us it is a feature film, he has even told us its name, the only thing missing is the story - which he probably wants to keep to himself for now, or knows he will have WB suits dropping on him from a great height if he reveals anything.

Anything else will come with an official announcement.

There is probably nothing left for him to hint at, short of actually coming out and telling us (which is a complete no-no of course): he has dropped enough hints to tell us it is a feature film, he has even told us its name, the only thing missing is the story - which he probably wants to keep to himself for now, or knows he will have WB suits dropping on him from a great height if he reveals anything.

I thing a post like "Folks, cool down. Everything is going OK. We're just too busy to talk right now." wouldn't hurt his fingers, wouldn't take so much of his time and wouldn't give us any more hints. It's not his obligation to do this, but since he started with the hints...

Almir

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back