• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Last Week of B5

That's last year's message. Of course, they could mean that it's coming back on March 31, 2004, and they just forgot to change the year. ;) :D

Whoops, so it is. Ne-ver miiiiind. :)

Well, the show was going to go off eventually. The longer it stays in a given time slot the lower the ratings get. At some point SFC would have to "rest" the show and let interest build up again. Or they may have reached the end of their contract and decided not to renew it, again because of ratings. Very few TV shows stay on the air non-stop. They go off, they come back.

Regards,

Joe

We have the dvd`s in widescreen .... who cares about some channel not showing them anymore ... And on my my sci-fi channel they have stopped playing them ... Bravo shows it and , They are in 4:3

Bravo's playing B5 in 4:3? Good. When? I just checked Zap2it, and it's not on during the Jan. 3rd thru Jan 9th timeframe, at least in the Pittsburgh, PA area.

There is a Bravo network in the U.K. I'm not sure if it and the U.S. Bravo are connected in any way, but even if they are their programming will be different, because contracts for cable/satellite show rights are negotiated on a country-by-country basis. Bravo in the U.K. has been running B5 for years.

Regards,

Joe

Ah, thought it must have been something like that. Not familiar with Bravo. Never had it in any form.

While I like to think that as long as B5 is on the air, it will attract new viewers --- and I do think it does in SMALL numbers these days --- I personally have not watched it on TV in over 2 years for 2 reasons.

1) It is on a timeslot when I'm never around.

2) Even if it was on a timeslot when I was around, I have the DVDs now and will never watch this show on TV again. You just can't beat DVD quality picture and sound and no commercials. :)

Granted, I dont have all 5 Seasons in my possession yet, but I have started watching the entire series over from scratch again starting with Season 1, and should wrap up Season 3 by Tuesday...when I will rush out and buy Season 4. :)

Still, it's like you say, the longer it stays on air , the more interest gets drummed up. Especially with rumours floating around that JMS may have a B5 related project in the pipelines.

While I like to think that as long as B5 is on the air, it will attract new viewers --- and I do think it does in SMALL numbers these days --- I personally have not watched it on TV in over 2 years for 2 reasons.

1) It is on a timeslot when I'm never around.

2) Even if it was on a timeslot when I was around, I have the DVDs now and will never watch this show on TV again. You just can't beat DVD quality picture and sound and no commercials. :)

Granted, I dont have all 5 Seasons in my possession yet, but I have started watching the entire series over from scratch again starting with Season 1, and should wrap up Season 3 by Tuesday...when I will rush out and buy Season 4. :)

I can relate to what Recoil said. I haven't watched the series on Sci Fi in what seems like ages. I have the entire series and all the movies on tape, so I watch those. I don't need to watch it on Sci Fi. Having the show on tape allows me to watch whatever eps whatever time I want to. :)

The thing you lose is viewing by accident. Some times I'll be flipping through channels and come across a movie or old show and be drawn in. I'll sit there watching something I haven't though about in forever just mesmorized without a second thought about getting up and putting my DVD of the exact same thing in. Also while commercials suck they do give a familar pattern, you can flip to something else, hit the bathroom, get a drink. The point at which you get pulled into something counts as well. Does it make sense? No but it's true.

Absolutely - I caught "Atonement" the other day, and was almost late for a lecture because of it, but it was worth it. Wouldn't have sat down and planned it, but was having a coffee, flipped through and saw it on Bravo and Bob's your Aunty's significant other.

Fried gold.

VB.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back