• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The family of the man behind John J. Sheridan.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey People,

I got a weird off the wall question. I work in a call center. People call in at all hours of the night to order this or that. Well tonight I got a call from someone named Darryle Boxleiter. I took this mans order and right before the call ended I had to ask something. I asked him if he was related to Bruce Boxleiter. To my surprise he said yes. Told me he was the 2nd cousin of Bruce's. Man I was jumping in my head. Sheridan is my favorite character of B5, and to think I was talking to one of Bruce's family members blew my mind. Darryle B went on to say he used to see Bruce alot when he was a kid, and hadn't seen him since he moved out on the west coast. Well the question is this? Was this guy pulling my chain? He lives in IL, in the US. Does anyone out there know if Bruce's family is from there? This I have to know...if this guys on the level then it made my month man. But I'm not sure. It just seems way to weird to think of as reality? So does anyone out there know?

Maven

------------------
I see a world gone mad.

I read somewhere recently that Bruce was originally from Chicago. So, this could definitely be for real.

------------------
"What do you want you moon-faced assassin of joy?" - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

I just checked IMDB. Bruce was born in Elgin, Illinois which is just outside Chicago.

------------------
"What do you want you moon-faced assassin of joy?" - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

Holy crappie crap!!!! That guy had to really be his 2nd cousin. WOW! Weird thing is tonight I talked to someone who in a very, very distant way is related to Mick Jagger. NOw I'm not really a stones fan, just thought it odd as crap. But I'm glad about Bruce..hehe that has made this month. Thanks guys for responding.

Maven

------------------
I see a world gone mad.

Ratha' cool if it is, then I can say I've talked to the man that's talked to Bruce Boxleitner's second cousin
wink.gif

I really gotta meet some stars.... I have secluded myself from the world for far too long...

------------------
I am Yu Lau! I am nobody's bitch! You are mine!

Yep, Bruce is a good ol' Midwesterner.

And really, how could someone named Boxleitner not be related?

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say. This was one.
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention one, or THE one.
Hmmmm.

You never heard that."

Oooh, I am a "good old midwesterner" too because I am form Ohio.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Oooh, I am a "good old midwesterner" too because I am form Ohio. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just barely!
laugh.gif

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Hehe, that is SOOOO Cool
smile.gif

My most recent claim to fame is playing pool with the actors who portray Meriadoc and Pippin in Lord of the Rings....and beating them *evil grin*

------------------

My brush with fame:

A little over ten years ago, my university chorus performed for Richard Harris in Scranton, PA. At the reception, he was kind enough to autograph a program for me. Later that night, Sir Richard literally staggered into me and my roommate. He was having a pretty good time, by the look of it.
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Ok pardon me if this is a silly question...but Richard Harris is who?

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

That's SIR to you! *grins*

He's a very respected and celebrated british actor who played the Emperor and Commodus' father in Gladiator.

------------------

He's currently playing Professor Dumbledore in Harry Potter.

He was very good in "A Man Called Horse".

------------------
No. Not good.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> He's a very respected and celebrated british actor <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irish
smile.gif
They tend to get a bit picky about the difference
shocked.gif

------------------
Demon

Yep, he even played an IRA leader in Patriot Games.

------------------
No. Not good.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Oops sorry, he was born so long ago, I had no idea *evil grin*

Actually isn't Anthony Hopkins welsh?

------------------

Yes, Anthony Hopkins is a Welshman.
Were we talking about him too?

------------------
No. Not good.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Sorry it's the way my brain works...was thinking who else is knighted and seen as a respected and much celebrated britis actor...

Back to Bruce and his family, is he still married to Melissa Gilbert? I'm glad she got that recent election gig, because everyday I see her on those awful Victoria Principal skin care infomercials here, and I also hear Andrea Thompson's voice over extolling the virtues of the product - EWHHH.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zoriah:
Back to Bruce and his family, is he still married to Melissa Gilbert? I'm glad she got that recent election gig, because everyday I see her on those awful Victoria Principal skin care infomercials here, and I also hear Andrea Thompson's voice over extolling the virtues of the product - EWHHH.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see the next ad campaign: Want those wrinkles to disappear into shadowland? Etc...

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back