• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Drakh Pleague

Elizar

Beyond the rim
The Pleague was not intended to be used to attack Earth. It was meant to for the Minbari.

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

Just a friendly request, Elizar - when you post things like that (as well as in the Morden thread), could you please use the spoiler box or let people know in the thread title that it may contain spoilers?

There are still some people here who haven't read all the trilogies and might like to be surprised.
smile.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

My appologies Ambassador, I haven't been chating on B5lr for too long. Have you read the Legions of fire trilogy?

------------------

It's alright, I'm sure people don't expect new members to know everything at once.
smile.gif

And yes, I've read the Centauri trilogy. It was great.
smile.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

On the last episode of B5, we see Franklin come to Mars from earth. So a Cure was definently found. I was just wondering, what stuff I should put in a spoiler's box and what not to.

------------------

The general rule is - I think - that at least stuff we only learn from novels, short stories and/or the unpublished Crusade scripts should be in the spoiler box.

Since the series itself has been in re-runs for a long time now, there are no strict rules... I guess that the really major turns and events, such as (spoiler from WWE)

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Sinclair is Valen </font></td></tr></table>

should go in a spoiler box - just to be polite to the newbies.
smile.gif
Unless the thread title of course specifies what's being discussed.

------------------

Do you think the Excalibur stopped the plegue, or the "guys back home"?

------------------

I have no idea.
smile.gif
I'd like to think that it was the crew of the Excalibur, and that it didn't happen too long into Crusade.

I guess we'll have to wait and see... just maybe, if we're lucky, Crusade will be resurrected some day - or else we'll learn at least something in Rangers. Perhaps.
laugh.gif

------------------

Yes, please do use spoiler boxes.

Antother piece of advice. When you start a topic use a question. It gives others something to respond to. Right now it just looks like you're stating things you know.

From different info gleamed from JMS posts it seems like a cure

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>would have been found, probably by someone other than the Excalibur but it would not be all it's cracked up to be. </font></td></tr></table>

The origin of a cure would

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> probably be shadow related since a large part of the Excalibur's mission seems to be ridding the Earth of Shadow tech. I also happen to think this is a large part of Galen's mission. The Excalibur would have gone rogue, probably on the run from those at home working with Shadow tech. </font></td></tr></table>

Oh, and it's plague. Just a heads up.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elizar:
The Pleague was not intended to be used to attack Earth. It was meant to for the Minbari.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My cats breath smells like cat food.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

There is a throw-away line in one of the Centauri novels where Londo is talking to a Drakh and strongly implies

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>... that the crew of Excalibur is responsible for the ultimate solution to the plague problem. As mentioned, JMS has said a cure to the plague would be found in year two, but that Gideon and company would find evidence that the cure was, literally, worse than the disease in the long run. Since nobody would believe them, they have to go rogue and save humanity again - this time from itself.</font></td></tr></table>

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Ok,

I'll bite. Where did you hear that the plague was ment for the Minbari? This was news to me. Or is it just speculation?

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I only have 50 more pages to read in the 3rd book of the Techno-mage series. Its been great reading this book.

------------------

I have a question, which was inspired by the guy that started this thread....

What's a spoiler and what's not?

In one sense, nothing is a spoiler since nothing "new" has aired in several years. In another sense, everything is potentially a spoiler if someone just woke up and decided to find out what all this Babylon Five stuff was about. But here's the dilemma ... If I ask a question about Sinclar/Valen is that a spoiler? If I ask a Captain Sheridan question would it be a spoiler? (especially if the re-runs on sci-fi are currently on season 1, yet I don't know it)

Is it even technically correct to call it a spoiler? The subject here has already been aired, re-aired and re-reaired again. I may be wrong, but I always thought of a spoiler as advance information on something that hasn't been seen yet. What we're talking about here is just being unlucky ... you didn't see a great television show when it aired the first thousand times. I feel for you. I didn't get to see Northern Exposure when it first aired either, so I have to look for re-runs where I can and risk being informed by those who have seen it a lot.

That's just what happens.

If you base whether something is a spoiler by the person who just found out about the series, then everything should be in a spoiler box. If thats a little extreme, then I ask the same question, what's a spoiler? Its a more difficult question than you think.

I suppose the best policy would be to use our best judgment on what is and what is not a spoiler. The only problem with that is what happened here. It never occurred to me that Elizar's post was spoiler-material until someone (as usual) pointed it out and kindly suggested that he (or she?) be more considerate. I understand the need to look out for newbies, but my original question remains... what's a spoiler? I probably wouldn't notice references about Sinclair and Valen being one in the same as spoilerish, but it probably would be to some. Then again, refereces to Captain Sheridan could be spoilerish to some as well.

No point really... just trying to pass the time.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PsionTen:
I have a question, which was inspired by the guy that started this thread....

What's a spoiler and what's not?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Among other things, stuff from the latest book IF the person lists all the details, leaving nothing out.

If I'm revealing stuff from the latest book, I'd leave it purposely vague, i.e. with enough detail for somebody's who's read the book to understand, but not enough to spoil it for anybody who hasn't read the book.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

You are right. It is hard to determine what a spoiler is. Now, if a book would come out, and you read it in 2 hours, and most people couldn't have read it, it could be a spoiler. Oh, and I am a he!
laugh.gif

------------------

Yeah, I forgot about books. Revealing info. on a yet to be released book would definately be a spoiler, but what about Legions of Fire? How many years has it been out?

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PsionTen:
Yeah, I forgot about books. Revealing info. on a yet to be released book would definately be a spoiler, but what about Legions of Fire? How many years has it been out?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Centauri Prime story is the second of the current three trilogies. The last of its three books, Out of the Darkness, was released in 2000 -- not that long ago.

But you also have to remember that not everyone can drop everything in his or her life to read an outer space novel the moment it appears. Further, some people have no desire to read the books at all.

The way I see it, I try not to spoil anything for anyone. There are certain obvious things, like: Michael Garibaldi is Chief of Security. That's not really giving anything away...

If the person opening a thread gives away certain details (and those details are not spoilers to books/short stories/major plot points that won't appear for several episodes for those watching the current b5 schedule on Sci-Fi, etc.), I try to work within those details.

If I want to interject what I know above and beyond the facts already given, I usually use spoiler boxes. So even though Season Three has been around for a long time, I'd use a spoiler box to say that:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Sinclair becomes Valen.</font></td></tr></table>

However, if that fact is already made obvious in the thread, I roll with it.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by Mondo Londo (edited December 17, 2001).]

All the books should be treated as filled with spoilers. The nature of the books make them more likely that people, even those people who have been on this board for a while have yet to read any of the books and may do so in the future. I know it took quite some time after starting on these boards to come to grip with my nerdly tendancies and make the jump to buying tie in books. Along with the this many of these books are difficult to find.

The short stories, unfilmed scripts should also be considered eternally spoiler filled. That is of course until any of it comes up in future shows.

The board has seemed to settle upon nothing from the episodes being spoilers, at least within the relevant forums.

Oh and Elizar, if the information is not a spoiler the source would not be either. Telling were you got the information from is a large part of how people decide wheher they can read the info without being spoiled.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

I should have used a spoiler box for that one. I heard about it from

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>The Legion of Fire series </font></td></tr></table>

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back