• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Technomages Trilogy/ Path of Sorrows Question

frulad

I'm about 100 pages into the second of the three Technomages book, and I have a hankering to go back and re-watch "Path of Sorrows" and maybe even "Well of Forever" but I don't want anything in the eps to spoil something I haven't gotten to in the books.

Any advice?
Thanks...

Watch 'em. If you're 100 pages into Summoning Light, I don't you'll be spoiled.

Thanks.

Once I'm done with the second book, by this weekend probably, I'll sit back with "Geometry of Shadows" and the Crusade episodes...

I liked the Path of Sorrows, Peter Woodward did a good job, in this episode Galen really wound me up something rotten, he couldn't see past his pain, and it was obvious it was tainting his perception of the creature in the orb. I still believe Matheson picked up on the strong emotion coming from Galen at that point, the bit at the end with the transmission seems a little convenient, oh I'm sure the transmission was really there, but I believe Matheson raised the issue with Galen because he thought he could help him. Judging from the episode in which I have quoted Matheson on all my posts, he seems to be the kind of telepath who wants to bend the rules and use his powers for good not ill, and finds the regulations behind beeing a teep frustrating.

I wanted to slap Galen about the chops for wallowing in his bitterness and dismissing a ray of hope as complete twaddle. Still that was his right, and if characters always did things we wanted, they's be naff and unrealistic top marks to jms and pw for that portrayal!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Galahad: </font color>
I still believe Matheson picked up on the strong emotion coming from Galen at that point, the bit at the end with the transmission seems a little convenient, oh I'm sure the transmission was really there, but I believe Matheson raised the issue with Galen because he thought he could help him. Judging from the episode in which I have quoted Matheson on all my posts, he seems to be the kind of telepath who wants to bend the rules and use his powers for good not ill, and finds the regulations behind being a teep frustrating.

[/quote]

Matheson probably did pick up on what Galen was feeling, but I doubt Matheson gave him the message because he thought he could help Galen. For that to have been the case, he'd probably have to have seen the scene with Isabelle in Galen's mind, and hear her words. I really doubt that Matheson would have trespassed that far. No, he was probably alerted to the contents of the transmission by the communications officer, and just handed Galen the message.

I wanted to slap Galen about the chops for wallowing in his bitterness and dismissing a ray of hope as complete twaddle.

[/quote]

I have a feeling that Galen didn't completely dismiss it. Sure, he crumpled the message and threw it down, but he'll always remember it, and have a shred of doubt about it. It's just that he thinks the alien sent it, because the alien saw that he needed it. Remember, the alien said he did for them what they themselves could not do.

The Path of Sorrows was definitely one of my favorite episodes. It revealed a lot. How the heck could TNT have hated this episode? [rhetorical] /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

It's just the way Matheson says "I know" with a slight smirk and a glint in his eye that makes me wonder you see. Of course we may never know because of the morons at TNT... if only they were made of the stuff, then we could be rid of their kind. I suggest buying shares in TNT doing an insurance number on the place, and using the subsequent money gained to fund future B5 projects on more recptive channels... nothing like grinding your enemies into dust and then using the spoils of conquest to expand your empire. You know I reallly worry what might have happened if I'd been some kind of world leader with a government under martial law. It's a good job I don't know the spell of destruction. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

You know I reallly worry what might have happened if I'd been some kind of world leader with a government under martial law. It's a good job I don't know the spell of destruction.

[/quote]

And you consider yourself, evolved! (from the looks of your avatar) /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Harumph!

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back