• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Technomage Books

Cern

Regular
Does anyone know when the second book in the Technomage Trilogy comes out? I recieved a coupon from Waldenbooks for $5 off, but it expires on July 31, and the only other book I am waiting for comes out the next day...I'd hate to waste it on something I really don't want to read, except maybe some H.P. Lovecraft.

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

Thanks Joe.

You Rule.

Where do you get all your wonderful info?

------------------
Lennier, "and?"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Where do you get all your wonderful info?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this case, www.amazon.com.
laugh.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Oh. I was thinking more along the lines of The Great Machine. Oh well, at least there is symmetry...

------------------
Lennier, "and?"

Um, actually, the book came out today, July 1st.
smile.gif
JMS said that some stores even had it earlier. But you need to call your store ahread to see if it has it because I called three different stores yesterday (B. Dalton, Borders, and Barnes and Noble) and two of the three (B. Dalton and Barnes and Noble) had July 15th as the release date. I love Borders, though.
smile.gif
They told it to me right: July 1st. The employee who I spoke to on the phone was even a B5 fan so this was really great!! I told him about the books and about the rest of the B5 book series.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Guess I've got to pay a visit to a book store today.

------------------
Bus
"Authorities say the phony pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and increadibly foul mouth." Kent Brockman

I went to Waldens last monday to order the book, and wouldn't you know it, their satellite was down.

------------------
Lennier, "and?"

I went to Waldens
Books today and bought it. Should not be a problem.

------------------
Bus
"Authorities say the phony pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and increadibly foul mouth." Kent Brockman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cern:
I went to Waldens last monday to order the book, and wouldn't you know it, their satellite was down.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor Cern! It's like God is testing you or something.
frown.gif

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

For Canadians on this list, I picked up my copy of Summoning Light (the new Technomage book) at Coles today. So it should be available across the country. I've already started it.
crazy.gif
and I peeked ahead to see if B5 came into it at all. But I won't spoil it for you
smile.gif

------------------

Like Jomar, I started reading my book when I got it today (July 2nd) and did peek...I kinda had to, you know?
smile.gif
I'm almost halfway done with it (I wanted to finish it today but I had yucky math to deal with) and am loving every page. Its EXCELLENT!! Its as good as the first book!!! If you haven't read the first book yet, read it, then start on this one. I'm liking both better than To Dream in the City of Sorrows, which also is a good B5 book too, but...these books are wonderful!!
laugh.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

I wish I could find that book! I still haven't finished the first, but that doesn't matter! I recently went to my local (not quite, it's in another city, which is close by) Borders and I didn't find it. I did leave with a collection of B5 comics and the Crusade soundtrack
laugh.gif
. I was looking for the various B5 st's, but alas, they were not to be found! I shall, however, order them from a local music store.

------------------
--Garibaldi-- "Maybe they should've labeled the future 'Some Assembly Required'."

I've got a ? for you guys about the B5 books. I know the centari trilogy, the psi corp books, and books about "the passing of the technomages" are canon. But what about the other ones. I went to my local hastings the other day and bought the first technomage book and saw like 15 different books there. There was also a numbered set of books there (like volume number type). If anyone knows of these and can please tell me if they are canon i'd be grateful. BTW, i'm loving the first book and will go get the second here in a couple of days when i'm done with the first.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G Kar of the Kha Ri:
I recently went to my local (not quite, it's in another city, which is close by) Borders and I didn't find it. I did leave with a collection of B5 comics and the Crusade soundtrack
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is Borders?

And did they have like a whole bunch of Bab 5 comics?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Teekas Dragon:
There was also a numbered set of books there (like volume number type). If anyone knows of these and can please tell me if they are canon i'd be grateful.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of them are not concidered cannon the only ones that are are.

Number 7.The shadow within
Number 9 To dream in the city of sorrow
both are concidered mostly cannon number 9 was written by JMS's wife and number 7 was written by same person who wrote the technomage trilagy and is a great book to read just ebfore the technomage trilagy as it finish's where the mage trilagy starts.

Both are good although I havn't read the shadow within myself yet having a Very difficult time finding it.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited July 04, 2001).]

Borders is kinda like Barnes & Noble. The two Borders I'm familiar with (Greensboro & Winston-Salem, NC) both sell CD's, tapes, videos, and DVD's along with books, while some of the smaller Barnes & Noble (High Point, NC) don't sell music or movies, but Barnes & Noble stores are always more comfortable for sit-down reading.

------------------
Not many fishes left in the sea. Not many fishes, just Londo and me.

When they say canon that does not preclude small mistakes.

There is one major discrepancy from the book and the show which perplexes me.

Overall the book is exelent. It gives different viewpoints on familiar events along with a great story.

------------------
Bus

[This message has been edited by Doctor Gonzo (edited July 04, 2001).]

Concerning Deviot: The comics I got were in a trade paperbackish form (i.e. grouped together). And that was all I found...... But I hear that there was a 15 or so issue series published by DC Comics. I think what I got wasn't that.

Concerning Ninja: I see you live in NC. Where? I'm in Asheboro, located in Randolph County.

------------------
--Garibaldi-- "Maybe they should've labeled the future 'Some Assembly Required'."

When they are canon they are authorized by and approved by JMS, and frequently outlined by him too.

I just finished the second technomage book and found it ties in with the B5 series and with The Shadow Within pretty neatly. There is a small question about the Crusade tie-in to do with Isabel but not enough to spoil the story.

------------------

Jomar,

I'm almost there...only thirty more pages to go. *L* I did this with To Dream in the City of Sorrows, too. Put the few ending pages off for later.

Ohhh, and anybody whose interested, I'm starting a new part to my fanart page. I'm going to open a part that is dedicated to the Technomages and contain vital info that pertains to them. So far, I've comprised a " complete" (I have to make one more look through the books, but I think I've gotten every Mage who makes an appearance) listing of mages who appear in the book.

I also did another pic:
http://www.geocities.com/babylon5rpg/edits/Hall2.jpg

Call it a cross between Crusade and Jeanne's books.

------------------

Back