• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Talia on CNN

Emfeeli

Regular
Anyone else see Talia Winters on CNN Headlin news? not bad. I heard she was reporting for some small town though...when did she start working for CNN. It's nice to see a B5 face around...there showing up less and less lately.

--Phil

------------------
"There is no memory with less satisfaction in it than the memory of some temptation we resisted."
-Harlan Ellison quoting James Branch Cabell

She's been doing that for a while now. That's one of the main reasons I got cable in the first place! There was a big to-do about her being an anchor on the network because of some nudie scenes she did in a movie a few years back that are now just surfacing.

To clarify: I had cable once. I had it shut off for a while and had it tuned back on once I found out a new B5 and Star Trek series were going to be out.

------------------
Hey pretty momma, lower your deflectors 'cause I got my phaser set on LOVE!

I saw her on CNN myself. I was going to post if but remember reading someone else already reporting it. So I thought why burden everyone with twice as much information. Couldn't help but jump out of my seat when I saw her. Kept flipping back from B5 to CNN saying..."I think thats her...well maybe..ah what the hell sure!!!"

Maven

------------------
I see a world gone mad.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tnkewnke:
There was a big to-do about her being an anchor on the network because of some nudie scenes she did in a movie a few years back that are now just surfacing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fairness, I think that was only part of the complaint against her. Another part was: many people with much more experience in broadcast news were turned down for a relatively inexperienced news anchor (I think she had only done a short bit as a local anchor somewhere).

My attitude was: so what's new? TV frequently decides to go for someone they hope will be a ratings-raiser over arguably more talented/experienced people. There was a lot of speculation that she would embarrass CNN or show ignorance somehow (mispronouncing names, etc.) but I haven't heard of that happening at ALL. (Aside: anyone here old enough to remember WKRP in Cincinnati’s Les pronouncing "Chi Chi Rodriguez" as "Ch-eye Ch-eye Rod-ri-guez"?
laugh.gif
)

Anyhow, I hope she continues to do well there. In all honesty, CNN could use some livening up. The only time they get ratings is during crisis/war.
crazy.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Andrea was hired by CNN in June. She didn't make her debut until they revamped the Headline News format in early August. After leaving NYPD Blue she went to work as a reporter for a New Mexico TV station. I'm not sure if she was also an anchor there.

I just thought it was funny that she was paired with an anchor named Miles O'Brien (same as the Chief on DS9.) Both space station shows now have an odd connection to a real-life news show. Who'd have thunk it?

She got beat up pretty good by the critics after her first night, when nerves seem to have led to a few mistakes, but apparently she's settled down since. I almost never watch Headline News, so I've only tuned in briefly out of curiosity when she has been on. The only thing I've learned from the experience is that her name is pronounced "Ahn-DRAY-ah" and not "ANN-dree-ah"
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I don't know about CNN, but one of our Local stations lost a BIG lawsuit when they fired one of their female anchors for no good reason.

The thing that lost them the lawsuit was a memo from the station's general manager telling someone: "... fire her, she looks like a dog."

Person or persons unknown accidently sent a copy of the memo to the woman's Attorney.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

a friend of mine has a brother who works at CNN and he says that she's a real bitch. lol

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Nothing's the same anymore.
Commander Sinclair - Michael O'Hare

Babylon 5

I watch very little of CNN Headline news, but do stop for a moment when I see AT there.

I did notice she has a habit of putting one elbow down on the desk, propping herself up with it, and leaning forward into the camera.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

For what it's worth, I remember seeing a promo on CNN International a couple of years ago which had a voice-over by either Andrea Thompson or someone who sounded remarkably like her. So perhaps she's had a 'relationship' with CNN for several years.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tnkewnke:
There was a big to-do about her being an anchor on the network because of some nudie scenes she did in a movie a few years back that are now just surfacing.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOO
*Logs that he should make a trip to the
Rent-a-Video place this week.*

------------------
"Ink on a page." -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> some nudie scenes she did in a movie a few years back that are now just surfacing.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, either she doesn't photograph well Nude, or the Movie was a real Turkey if people are just finding out about it.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
crazy.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

In addition to appearing nude on film a couple of times (an Italian-made thriller which may never have been released in this country, an episode of the HBO series Dream On, and a small American independent film that was not widely distributed) Thompson posed for some black & white "art" photos that turned up on the internet shortly after CNN announced their deal with her.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Joe,

I heard about that. Conan O'Brien showed one of the pics and then said that another CNN reporter did a similar type of pic: Larry King. It was a highly amusing bit and I was happy to see that someone from B5 fame made it on something that's mainstream.

I'm moving this to General.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back