• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Stupidity: Reboot "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"

vacantlook

Super Moderator
This is just so unbelievably stupid.

The director of the original Buffy film -- which sucked because the director just flat-out didn't understand how to film a Joss Whedon script and decided to make even the drama and scariness of the story into unfunny comedy -- wants to do another Buffy film.

Here's the stupid:

...The producers do not rule out Whedon's involvement but have not yet reached out to him....

The new "Buffy" film, however, would have no connection to the TV series, nor would it use popular supporting characters like Angel, Willow, Xander or Spike....

:wtf:

Hollywood needs to step away from the remakes already.

I totally agree.

The Kuzuis want to do this film with Vertigo Entertainment. whedonesque.com links to a Variety article in which:

Vertigo principal Roy Lee says "Now seems like the right time, studios are looking for a franchise and vampires are relevant again" and "as a producer, I'm just trying to find a movie the studios want to make. It seems the core concept is the way to go".

I love how one commenter at whedonesque "translates" what Roy Lee said:

"Twilight made a shitload of money, I want some and can't be bothered coming up with something new."

'Vampire are relevant again'. This had me in stiches. To what exactly ? Other than cashing in on Twighlight. AICN did a job on this, pointing out the similarities to MCG's hack of Spaced.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back