• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Strange Tales of B5: Londo Mollari, P.I. ~ Part 3

Here it is.... the long awaited (right? you HAVE been waiting for it, hmmmmm?) Part 3!

Deep in the shadowy recesses of one of the least populated sections of Down Below lurked a lone, shrouded figure. "I have done as instructed. The Centauri should now believe that the Psi Corps is responsible, or at least partly." The hooded Drakh finished his raspy report and awaited further orders. The shielded Shadow sent its communication to the Drakh. You are to continue monitoring the Centauri. Even with evidence, they won't be satisfied until they can prove beyond a doubt that the Psi Corps is the culprit. "Shall I kill them if necessary?" No. They will better serve the cause alive. Simply continue monitoring. "Is there anything else?" Yes. If you need assistance, contact our puppet, Morden. Oh, and bring me back one of those cakes I like. Oh, oh, get some eclairs too! I love those things! The Drakh bowed stiffly and slid off into the dark, and the Shadow danced in anticipation of its baked goods.

Two days after finding the Psi Corps patch, Londo was still combing through any files he could get his hands on. "Er, shouldn't you take a break?" Vir stood off to the side, a position he had become used to lately. "Fah! I have no time for a break!" Vir grimaced and continued to stand. After all this time, the number of leads was far outweighed by the number of hours spent on the task so far. "At least eat something." Londo continued to read over the files. "Later Vir! I think I've found something!" Finishing up, Londo swiveled around in his chair. "I have discovered a Psi Corps conspiracy of sorts." "Of sorts?" asked Vir. "Well, I can't quite prove it, but I'm sure that it's there." "What is this conspiracy?" "It's something about experimenting on telepaths to develop a superior type. They're also trying to develop a game console." Londo and Vir simultaneously shrugged. "So why should they kidnap people and ruin the businesses of criminals?" "I don't know, Vir. Perhaps we aren't looking for the right things," said Londo thoughtfully. Vir coughed.

The mysterious watcher stood in the deep shadows, observing Security Chief Garibaldi and Zack Allan again. He stifled a laugh and listened to their conversation. "This guy is really getting on my nerves. If we ever catch him, I'm gonna punch him in the face." Garibaldi stood with his arms crossed. Zack had his left hand in his pocket, and he fiddled with his PPG with the other. "I've heard that Londo's working on a case involving this stuff." This brought Garibaldi out of his reverie. "Is that so? Well then, maybe he'll figure this out." The watcher grinned, but then realized that he didn't know about this. "By the way, Chief, Londo asked for some files on the Psi Corps and a list of the known victims." "What files does he want, exactly?" Garibaldi and Zack walked away while talking about the files. The watcher decided to look into the Lodno thing. He started to leave, but noticed a strange figure lurking about down the corridor. "Hey, this area already has a mysterious watcher!" The figure shrugged and slid off. "These new guys have no respect for the rules of conduct."

The Drakh was momentarily startled by the yelling man. These Humans always seemed to be yelling. He shrugged and started down the corridor. As he turned a corner, the Drakh ran into a uniformed Human. The Drakh, who was known as Zaran'tath, recognized the insignia of a Psi Cop on the Human's shirt. "Move," rasped Zaran'tath. "Why don't you watch where you're going?" replied the Psi Cop angrily. "Shove it," said Zaran'tath. "Bastard!" yelled the Psi Cop. "I don't have time for this," said Zaran'tath, his voice like the rustling of dry leaves. He pushed past the Psi Cop and went to look for the two Centauri.

Caimen had just finished observing his next target when he heard the yelling in the distance. Wary, he decided to just go and investigate. He was afraid that someone, or something, might sense him if he used his telepathy. When he came to an intersection in the corridor, a robed figure came around the corner and ran into him. "Move," rasped the alien. "Why don't you watch where you're going?" replied Caimen. "Shove it," said the alien angrily. "Bastard!" shouted Caimen. "I don't have time for this," said the alien, pushing past Caimen. The Psi Cop calmed himself and went to make his report.

Crazy Bill was just lost. Lost and hungry. Ahhhh, but there was to be more in store for this beleaguered soul.

After finally convincing Londo to take a break, Vir had wandered off to find something to eat. Now in the Zocalo, he remembered that he had to meet a visitor in seven minutes. Vir hurried to the arrival area and took a seat. Within minutes, the transport docked, and the passengers began the slow process of filing out in a single-file line. All was going smoothly until a Centauri dressed in finery started arguing with security. "Let me by!" shouted the Centauri, his hands balled into fists. "Not without an identicard," sighed the security guard. "But I am the great Sta! Everybody knows of me!" The guard looked up and stared at the ceiling. "Look, I don't care who you are. No identicard, no entry." "Impudent! Outrageous! I'll see you fired for this!" "Mm hm. Sure. Actually, that wouldn't be so bad." The guard motioned for two of his officers to remove the Centauri from the line. "Fah! I won't stand for this! You will hear from my attorney!" yelled the Centauri as he was dragged away by his arms. Before he disappeared behind a turn in the passage, Vir saw a single tear gleaming on the Centauri's face. "Is that you? It is! Vir Cotto!" Vir turned to face another Centauri. The tall, gaunt figure of Alsaad Thaltres loomed over Vir. "Alsaad! It is good to see you again!" Alsaad grinned, revealing even, white teeth. "It is good to see you too. So, what do you need?" Vir fumbled in his pockets and produced a letter. After it was handed to him, Alsaad opened it and read. "So, Londo needs my knowledge of mysterious conspiracies to aide him in his investigation." Alsaad laughed and took off at a quick pace. Vir stuttered a bit and rushed after him.

Crazy Bill was finally unlost again. Be that as it may, he was still hungry. The enticing odor of salad had led him out of Down Below, and CB now found himself in the busier section of B5. Locating the salad bar, he hurried towards it. On the way in, a man with a broom ran into him. "Gonna be late! Got three hours to deliver this to the techno-mage hideout, and I don't even know where it is!" CB noticed that the man bore a striking resemblance to Jeffrey Sinclair. The broom guy flew off into the crowded corridor, and CB entered the salad bar. Inside was a multitude of salad and salad-related paraphernalia. A small number of customers milled about, and small, furry creatures scrambled across the room. Nearby, a man dressed in the uniform of the SA (Salad Alliance) examined some salad. "Sinclair peed in the salad again! Just great." CB decided to avoid that particular area and moved to a selection of cheese cubes and fresh spoo. CB was about to grab a plate, but remembered that he couldn't pay for it.

~TO BE CONTINUED~

Yes, yes, I know you're thinking, "That was a real stupid way to end it!" I agree. However.... well, I had my reasons. Let us leave it at that! Heheheh.

------------------
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other." --G'Kar "Epiphanies"

"Yeah, just drink some juice like a wuss. And then gawk at the piano lady" --Ward

ROFL!
lol.gif
You know, I was thinking... Crazy Bill. There's something familiar about that name but I can't put my finger on it.
blush.gif

Keep going!

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

There is something familiar... oddly familiar... Fah. It's probably nothing.

*scampers, running into Kribu*

Kribu: "Move."
CB: "Why don't you watch where you're going?"
"Shove it."
"Bastard!"
"I don't have time for this."

*Kribu pushes past CB and continues down corridor*

laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

lol.gif
@ CBO

You know... I watched Needs of the Earth today and now I was looking at your avatar and... well... I'm having really odd thoughts.
shocked.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Hey, is this salad bar mine by chance, and might I be in this story?
laugh.gif

------------------
With a salad fork and a couple of purple wombats I could rule the galaxy.

You should all know by now that you are all going to fall victim sooner or later. And yes RW, that was you and your salad bar.
lol.gif

------------------
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other." --G'Kar "Epiphanies"

"Yeah, just drink some juice like a wuss. And then gawk at the piano lady" --Ward

I like the idea of a Shadow dancing in anticipation of baked goods.
laugh.gif

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited January 13, 2002).]

Rolling on the laughing FLOOR!

*LOL!*

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

The floor's laughing?
shocked.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G Kar of the Kha Ri:
You should all know by now that you are all going to fall victim sooner or later. And yes RW, that was you and your salad bar.
lol.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooh, thanks for putting me in your story!
smile.gif
lol.gif

------------------

laugh.gif

No problem! Now, I really must get started on Part 4...... but when? Now that I'm gonna hit 2nd semester, and the dreaded Senior English, things are looking pretty bad. Damn school, and damn that senior project!!!! Gyah!
mad.gif

------------------

GK, have you read my story at Kribu's Lounge yet? You're in it.
smile.gif
I am currently working on it and posting a chapter at a time. Go to her Lounge and look for the thread titled "SOSB: The War of the Feet."
smile.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back