• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

South Park: still givin' it to 'em

GKarsEye

Regular
South Park: still givin\' it to \'em

I laughed my balls off at last night's South Park episode: Butt Out. Matt and Trey tackle anti-smoking fanatics and insult the crap out of Rob Reiner.

Cartman's worship of Reiner is classic.
"Smoking gives so many people just a little bit of joy, and you take that away from them."
"Isn't he cool? He just imposes his will on everyone."

Re: South Park: still givin\' it to \'em

The semi-new episode where they make fun of Joseph Smith and the Mormons is hilarious. :LOL:

Egads. That episode reminded me of why I used to watch the show all the time. I just wish I could remember to actually watch it now.

I missed it the other night, but laughed my ass off when I caught it earlier this evening. (Despite the really scary "Up With People" flashback that "Butt Out!" caused me to experience.) The great thing about South Park is they even rag on themselves when their bits start becoming cliches. The only thing they fooled me on was not have Reiner flop over from a cheeseburger-induced heart attack. Guess you can't have everything.

Regards,

Joe

Free style!
"Don't... d-d-don't smoke. Don't smoke!"

The Mormon one was classic.
"Dum de dum dum dum."

The Mormon one was classic.
"Dum de dum dum dum."

I have to admit I did get a lot of laughs out of this one. I happen to be reading two books that involve Mormonism, and which give accounts of the origins of the faith. (One is a true crime book about a couple of murders committed by a two members of a break-away Mormon sect, the other an historical account of the Mountain Meadows massacre, where Moromons disguised as Indians wiped out every member of a wagon train who was over the age of 8, then divvied up the children among various Mormon families.) South Park managed to do about as good a job of relating the genesis of the religion (as explained by the Mormons themselves) as either of these (very good) books. And without even exaggerating or making fun of anything (except for the smart-ass dum-de-dum musical score ;) .)

Regards,

Joe

My friends consider me an "expert" on religion and history (which is only because they're ingnorant, not because I'm particularly scholarly). After that episode, they all asked me if South Park's portrayal of Mormonism was somewhat accurate. I'm certainly no expert, but I did at least now the basics about John Smith and the "new new" testament. They could not believe it when I assured them that for an over-the-top satarical cartoon, they were pretty accurate.

A new one tonight. Sweet.

Tonight's episode was friggin' kewl. It had everything. Cinderella..... Goths..... I couldn't have asked for more.

Another classic.

The Raisins girls working the crowd was pure gold, and all too familiar of us guys who patronise such establishments. And just like the John Edwards thing (favorite episode ever), the careful breakdown the details of marketing gimmick, this time in the form of one waitress explaining the ropes to the new girl.

Loved the Goths, too.
"If you want to be a non-conformist you have to dress like we do and listen to the same music we do."
Notice the Bauhaus poster in the Goth chick's room.

But the bit that had me pissing my pants was Stan outside of Wendy's window a-la John Cusack in Say Anything- but blasting Shock the Monkey instead of In Your Eyes. :LOL:

I've actually had to explain to someone that the Hooters waitress was not genuinely interested in them. I unfortunately missed the Rob Reiner ep except for the ending but I can't wait for them to replay it. Seeing those anti-smoking ads makes me want to go buy cigarettes for kids and I've never smoked tobacco.

So have I. Wow, what idiots men are.

"Wendy, Stan says you're a cont... a cont... cont... a cont..."

"... continuous inspiration to him."

:LOL:

So have I. Wow, what idiots men are.

"Wendy, Stan says you're a cont... a cont... cont... a cont..."

"... continuous inspiration to him."

:LOL:

LOL! That was hilarious :LOL:

South Park has really picked up in it's hilarity since Kenny came back. It was like they were missing something, for how long? :confused:

Rommie :D

South Park, right now, has to be the funniest show on TV by far. With Family Guy canceled and Simpsons settling into comfortable mediocrity, there is no competition.

"I'm not gonna live in a third world country with all the conformists."

I believe the quote was: "No thanks. I'd rather be a crying pussy than a faggy goth kid"
:D

Which prompts another Butters quote for me:
"I'm just a big dork, aren't I?"

Yeah, that's why I didn't use quotation marks. I loved that his mom bet his dad that Butters would turn out gay.

The "season finale" is on tonight.
(Whatever the hell that means. It feels like they've been on the same season for three years, just with lots of repeats. But it probably means we won't be getting any new ones for a while.)

It looks like Ike's real parents will try to take the li'l tyke back to Canada. I'm hoping for a classic SP Canada-bashing fest.

Trivia question: what is Ike's favorite TV show?

Back