• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Something odd..

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Of course while scifi's november schedule is incomplete and shouldn't even be looked at yet I did and...

well for november in b5's place they have

babylon 5/crusade listed for all the dates. what's up with that?(btw the links go to crusade and not babylon 5's page.)

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

That is odd.

You mean they're going to run Crusade in place of the regular B5 starting in november?

------------------
Hey pretty momma, lower your deflectors 'cause I got my phaser set on LOVE!

Scifi is odd
crazy.gif
Every frelling holiday they put bad movies on instead of B5,
and seem to do nothing with their B5 page.

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

I don't know what they're doing.

I mean episodes of Crusade only last 2 weeks anyhow.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

I'm on the SciFi weekly mailing list and in the past couple of weeks they have discussed all their shows, which ones they have kept and why, which ones have been cancelled and why. One show I was interested in is Earth: Final Contact. Apparently the ratings were so low they pulled the series and may try it again later. They also panned the series which makes one wonder why they bought it in the first place.
crazy.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
They also panned the series which makes one wonder why they bought it in the first place.
crazy.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Because they though it'd get good ratings?

(I mean, I'd certainly thought EFC would get good ratings... Especially the first season.)

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited September 21, 2001).]

For the same reason they bought BS, or any series, they thought it could make them money. That's why shows with Rodenberry's name keep coming out well after he's died, it comes with a built in audience.

I just hope this reminds scifi that cheap shows won't make money if no one watches. A good, new show like Rangers may need a bigger audience to make a profit but it's also a lot more likely to get that audience.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

KarlSCIFI was posting messages on the SciFi EFC forum to keep people up to date. However he hasn't responded since 9/11. He said they wanted to change it's time slot for better ratings.

------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back