• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Small thing I noticed...

M

MOmega

Has someone noticed very little inconsistent between War Without End, Part 2 and In the Beginning in the scene when Delenn comes to the cage where is Sheridan on Centauri Prime:
In the WW2, Delenn said:
...They're allowing us one last moment together before... It's allright John. I accepted this fate a long time ago. They cannot harm me, I'm not afraid, not if you are with me. Our son is safe.

but in ItB, she said:
They are allowing us last moment together before... It's all right, John. I accepted this fate a long time ago. They cannot touch me. They cannot harm me. I'm not afraid, not if you are with me. Our son is safe.

What do you think abou it? :)

i think that went in the editing room when doing the episode :) Delenn´s line "perhaps they are the same thing" at the battle of the line in s2´s first episode also wasn´t in ITB, and so on.

Supposely in that scene Londo was watching it through the security camera so it could not have been left out. In the episode, well, its a little different :)

very good one, i would have never catched that. :)

I would say that I agree, but I have many lines from the show memorized and I often recite them along with the characters as I watch it. :eek: :LOL:

I also checked other scenes from WWE and I found at least 5 other difference to B^2 (=Babylon Squared :)).

My observation skills suck, 'cause I haven't noticed any differences in Babylon Squared and WWE. :eek:

My observation skills suck, 'cause I haven't noticed any differences in Babylon Squared and WWE. :eek:

It is quite easy to see which scenes in WWE are taken from B^2 and which were filmed new by looking at the sleeves of the major in charge of B4. In B^2, his sleeves are plain, but in WWE they have a leather band near the wrist.

WIth the uniform changes between seasons 1 & 2, they must have forgotten that little detail.

A few off the top of my head:

The guards don't say "Get him!" when Zathras gets up in WWE, but they do in Bsquared.

You only see Delenn's arm in Bsquared with a maroon robe on. In WWE she's wearing a green dress.

Maybe by the time WWE came around, Delenn decided not to wear the robe, changed into the green dress, and that extra minute led to the other minor changes in the time line. ;-)

-Tim

I'm not sure about this one, but here goes.

In Squared, theb B4 personnel state they captured Zathras *before* they went into the 2nd time rift. However, in WWE Zathras is captured *during* the 2nd time rift (I think).

Ah, the classic errors. JMS tried so hard to match everything up, but sometimes he just couldn't. The hardest thing for them to get right was the color scheme of B4, so they could perfectly integrate the new footage with the stuff left over from two years before.

For me, the most obvious difference between B2 and WWE was the whole Zathras thing. In B2, Major Krantz said that they were all in the conference room when Zathras appeared in a flash, whereas in WWE they just stumbled on him in a corridor.

I seem to recall JMS saying that it was just not possible to do the whole "flash" thing when filming WWE so they had to compromise.

As with all of these things ... totally unimportant to me. I am just anally-retentive enough to remember them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back