• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sleeping in Light

StarStuff

Regular
"Sleeping in Light" was on today and I saw it one more time!! Even though I was not a particular fan of the "love story," this finale was well done and hit just the right note. We waited again to see JMS turn off the lights.

[Note: Edited by the moderator who is just anal and can't understand how anyone can miread the poetic and charming title "Sleeping in Light" as something as prosaic and silly as "Sleeping in THE Light" - which sounds like what my cats like to do. And yes, I fixed the thread title, too. :) - JD, finally back on the 'net after moving for the second time in the same year.)

Re: Sleeping in the Light

I can't remember where I read it, and thus can't provide a source link, but I remember reading somewhere that one of the first things (if not the first thing) jms did when it came to making Babylon 5 was to write the final scene of SiL. It makes me feel excited and energized that he was able to then create such a quality story to make that final scene so effective to me.

I can't remember where I read it, and thus can't provide a source link, but I remember reading somewhere that one of the first things (if not the first thing) jms did when it came to making Babylon 5 was to write the final scene of SiL. It makes me feel excited and energized that he was able to then create such a quality story to make that final scene so effective to me.
Only back then, he probably meant the final scene of War Without End. Remember, WWE was originally supposed to be the finale

Even if the ending episode was originally going to be Sinclair going back in time and becoming Valen, I think that it still would have ended with Delenn sitting and watching the sun coming up thinking of the absence of the one she fell in love with, but in that instance it would have been Sinclair she was thinking about instead of Sheridan.

[Note: Edited by the moderator who is just anal and can't understand how anyone can miread the poetic and charming title "Sleeping in Light" as something as prosaic and silly as "Sleeping in THE Light" - which sounds like what my cats like to do. And yes, I fixed the thread title, too. :) - JD, finally back on the 'net after moving for the second time in the same year.)
Glad you edited it Joe D. I must be anal too, since it bothered me as well. Welcome back!

I must be anal too, since it bothered me as well.

I think I must too belong to part of this anal club since I am known to audibly make sounds like "Argh!" and "Ugh!" when I see someone put "The" in the title when they write it.

I must be anal too, since it bothered me as well.

I think I must too belong to part of this anal club since I am known to audibly make sounds like "Argh!" and "Ugh!" when I see someone put "The" in the title when they write it.

Hmm.. I must admit this also... There are many people in this "Anal cult" now.. :p

Hmm.. I must admit this also... There are many people in this "Anal cult" now.. :p

We lay our sacrifices before the rosy cheeks of the GREAT ANUS!

GREAT ANUS, pour out your blessings upon us.

Eeeeewwwwwww! Nevermind.

Putting the "the" in Sleeping in Light doesn't bother me at all, in fact, the chances of my actually noticing are slim to none. :p

I thought SiL was the best way to end of the series.

I have watched other television shows and their finales and nothing has compared to Babylon 5 and its Finale!

But I do agree with you SiL was a very sad episode... :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back