• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sinclair's Scar

dragon69

Beyond the rim
Sinclair\'s Scar

In Babylon Squared and War Without End, Sinclair had a scar on his cheek. How did he get it?

I'm guessing that in the original draft, as JMS had seen it, Sinclair was pivotal in both the Valen arc, and the Shadow War. At the end of season 1, JMS decided to split this into two separate characters; enter Sheriden stage left. Does this mean that in the original draft, Sinclair was meant to go to Za'Ha'Dum and thus gained his scar? And how is his scar explained now, if at all?

Re: Sinclair\'s Scar

The situation resulting in the scar is described in one of the babylon 5 books "City of Sorrows" which focuses heavily on Sinclair and his roll on as ambasador and his role as the leader of the rangers after leaving Babylon 5.

I see.

I still get the feeling though that it was meant to be explained in the series, but never was due to some arc re-stitching.

You have to read "To Dream In The City Of Sorrows" , the most canon of all B5 novels , that tell us about the first days od Sinclair n Minbar and how he was appointed as head of the Anla´Shok/Rangers .

Hi,
I am waiting for the book to be re-printed. I did read somewhere that the scar was a result of Ranger training. Hopefully Joe will read the thread and provide us with the answer.

I think the scar was in "Babylon Squared" mostly to suggest that Sinclair had lived an eventful life before he became involved in stealing B4. I'm not sure his getting the scar was ever meant to be a major event, even if he had remained with the series.

He did get it during his time on Minbar as head of the Rangers, but I don't remember the details of the incident. Basically a training scar, which lots of people who go through the military or study martial arts manage to acquire, although more usually on the extremities than the face. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

SPOILERS *** SPOILERS *** SPOILERS

He got it toward the end of "To Dream...", when he, Catherine Sakai and Marcus got into the battle with the Shadows by the time rift. As he tried to rescue Sakai from the rift, a Shadow fighter exploded close to his and a piece of shrapnel pierced the faceplate of his helmet, giving him the scar.

Remember Lennier's scar? Wasn't it on his head, somewhere. (I can't remember at the moment.)

Unless you mean his buttcheek, that is on his head. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Excuse me I thought you referring when after he joins the rangers I think Lennieer had a scar there .Obviously I am wrong although I don;t remember if there was another episode where he has another scar other than the one I was thinking of Day of the dead.

ElScorcho Re: Sinclair's Scar [re: Joseph DeMartino]
12/01/02 04:57 PM

SPOILERS *** SPOILERS *** SPOILERS

He got it toward the end of "To Dream...", when he, Catherine Sakai and Marcus got into the battle with the Shadows by the time rift. As he tried to rescue Sakai from the rift, a Shadow fighter exploded close to his and a piece of shrapnel pierced the faceplate of his helmet, giving him the scar.

--------------

"Alcohol. The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson

Exactly...

BTW, IMO, "TDITCOS" is page for page the best SINGLE Babylon 5 book written to date....

Of course I'm a Sinclair fan so that might have alot to do with that opinion /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Keep /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, Shaal Mayan, I was just being facetious. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The one that Delenn discovers on Lennier is on his facial cheek. It was after she meets him (clandestinely) in the bar in Downbelow, when when they move to a place where they can talk privately. That was in Meditations on the Abyss.

That's right. And as I remember from the book, Minbari always have their scars removed since they don't like them (forget the reason) and they weren't too pleased that Sinclair refused to have it removed. I think he kept it as a sort of 'reminder', and probably to iritate the Minbari too /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Back