• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sinclair's duck

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sinclair\'s duck

Whatever happened to it? Did he take it with him to Minbar?
Was it mentioned in "To Dream in the City of Sorrows"? I haven't read it yet.
Any ideas?

------------------

Re: Sinclair\'s duck

I'm pretty sure it went with him wherever and whenever...
tongue.gif

After all, every woman's heard it at one point in her life...

Love me, love my duck...
lol.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

The Minbari have several swear words related to Valen's...

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

We were supposed to see it at the end of "Chrysalis", but JMS cut it from the script for fear that it would distract viewers from the rest of the show.
The real question is: Did he ever take it out in front of the Minbari?They would think it rather odd. They have them on Minbar, but they're smaller.

------------------

I can relate to Sinclair on that one. Sometimes I make friends feel inadequite because my duck is larger than theirs.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I've been a B5 fan from the beginning but . . .
what is this Sinclair's Duck stuff???

Could someone please let me in on the joke?

I guess i wasn't paying enough attention.

thanks
Brent

------------------
We live for the one;
We die for the one.

All right, I've heard this whole duck thing mentioned a few times. And Lurker's Guide has a picture of a duck up on the Sleeping in Light page, if I remember correctly. But just what the hell is it!!!??? I'm lost!

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

There's a link on the SIL page of the Lurkers Guide that should explain it.

[This message has been edited by breen (edited January 11, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by breen:
Whatever happened to it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Michael O'Hare got married, and I think Ruth objected to its continued inclusion in the storyline...
smile.gif

------------------
-- Marty
"Always do what you're good at," they tell me.
So I go around annoying people.

Many thanks for the link Kribu
lol.gif
I had heard the references but not the whole story. Is that why JMS posted the picture of the duck coming out of the jump gate?

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Did Sinclair's duck somehow contribute to the defeat of the Shadows 1,000 years ago?

------------------

heh,

This thread is dangerously close to being switched to the NC-17 forum. Its hard holding back...

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

LOL LOL LOL! I think I like the duck reason better than the real reason the Minbari surrendered...okay maybe not

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

Centauri males typically have 6 ducks. (which they call cats, of course)

------------------

Which explains why Centauri women are so often nibbled to death.

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

There are fans who do not know of Sinclair's enormous duck? Geeze... it was in every first season episode... and two third season episodes. And you must know that the duck was concealed on the dark side of the moon, ready to be unleashed upon the Minbari when they assaulted Earth. Learning of it, the Minbari surrendered... though I believed it wouldn't have posed *that* much of a threat to their fleet anyway. Dispatch a few cruisers between Earth and the moon and you can effectively cut off Sinclair's duck.
crazy.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back