• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sinclair message in "TCoS"

Sinclair message in \"TCoS\"

Having only read a little of the novel "To Dream In The City Of Sorrows", I was struck by something while watching (well, rewatching for the umpteenth time) "The Coming of Shadows"; why does Delenn need a message from Sinclair? Doesn't she already know he's heading the Rangers?

Anyone out there know? If so, what did I miss?

Re: Sinclair message in \"TCoS\"

Delenn's message may have been nothing more than a progress report, possibly informing her that Garibaldi has been briefed.

Yea. You cant assume that the message that was delivered to Delenn was the same message as Garibaldi. All the ranger said is that "one other" knows. He didn't say that one other was JUST TOLD, but that one other KNOWS. She has known all along.

Sinclair might have told her "ok, I just let Garibaldi in on the secret and asked for his help with the Rangers on B5. So be prepared for things to move to the next phase..."

Or something like that...

Yea. You cant assume that the message that was delivered to Delenn was the same message as Garibaldi. All the ranger said is that "one other" knows. He didn't say that one other was JUST TOLD, but that one other KNOWS. She has known all along.

Sinclair might have told her "ok, I just let Garibaldi in on the secret and asked for his help with the Rangers on B5. So be prepared for things to move to the next phase..."

Or something like that...

I tend to agree with you. The message probably was Sinclair letting Delenn know that he had finally let Garibaldi in on what he was doing on Minbar, along with a Progress Report.

Back