• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SiL question

M

Mike G

At the end of "Sleeping in Light" just before B5 is blown up, Garibaldi takes something from a shelf. Does anyone know what that was and if it has any meaning? It looks like it might be a glass.
crazy.gif

It was a shot class. Might simbolize him not drinking.

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

Fired up the Grey Council archives... and you are correct... it is a glass.
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

Yep, a shot glass. I think it was kind of symbolic of how he always struggled with alcoholism in his life, but in the years since Season 5 on B5 he was sober. He kept that as a momento because it was on B5 that he beat alcoholism for the last time. At least that is what I took it to mean...

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Wow, I got chills when I read about the glass and what it might mean. I need to rewatch the ep!!

Jnk5y, that's sooo bad!!!
lol.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
Yep, a shot glass. I think it was kind of symbolic of how he always struggled with alcoholism in his life, but in the years since Season 5 on B5 he was sober. He kept that as a momento because it was on B5 that he beat alcoholism for the last time. At least that is what I took it to mean...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the same feeling.

Nifty little bit that's easy to miss. Thank the Great Maker for VCRs. Truly, this was a series destined for repeat viewing.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Thanks for the replies everyone! this is my first new topic on the boards.

Yes, I have noticed also that it is a shot glass that Garibaldi takes with him before he leaves B5 for the final time. I think he took it with him as a memento of B5, and as a reminder of how much of his time there was spent being an alcoholic and fighting those tendencies off.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back