• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Shadow Ship?

Emfeeli

Regular
Several times throughout Crusade we see a shadow-like (at the very least dark-organic) vessel destroy Gideons' original destroyer. Any guesses to what it might be? It is obviously very powerful considering it took out the destroyer with one concentrated volley (it was also quite massive). Its' unprovoked attack is somewhat mysterious, considering we have never heard of the species before. Why attack that perticular destroyer? Did Gideon have the apocalypse box at the time, and if so, maybe that is what drew the ship in. My best guess is that they were servants of the shadows similar to the drakh, but they seemed just as powerful as their masters (if that is the case).

------------------
"There is no memory with less satisfaction in it than the memory of some temptation we resisted."
-Harlan Ellison quoting James Branch Cabell

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emfeeli:
Several times throughout Crusade we see a shadow-like (at the very least dark-organic) vessel destroy Gideons' original destroyer. Any guesses to what it might be?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This was revealed in the unproduced season ender End of the Line, and in the Technomage books.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>It's a shadowtech hybrid ship built by a secret Earth Force project. The one that destroyed Gideons ship was a prototype that went out of control while they were testing it.</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emfeeli:
Did Gideon have the apocalypse box at the time, and if so, maybe that is what drew the ship in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope. He got that later. IIRC he's an ensign on the Cerberus and a Lieutenant when he gets the box, and if he did have the box on the Cerberus it would have been lost when the ship exploded.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.

That ship looked nothing like the elite omega destroyers that were loyal to clark. It looked much funkier. Whats up with that?
laugh.gif

------------------
"There is no memory with less satisfaction in it than the memory of some temptation we resisted."

The Omega X's had shadow tech grafted on to them. The shadow hybrid was a hole new thing.

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War Is Life And Death Is The Only True Peace"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Posted by Darth Vader:
I hope earth has more shadow hybrid ships
That would kick ass! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they made like three of them, but they were all eventually destroyed. In my opinion EA should consentrate more on building Warlock Destroyers (they kick ass).
laugh.gif
crazy.gif
shocked.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by War-Demon:
I think they made like three of them, but they were all eventually destroyed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Um... In End of the Line

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Gideon discovers a whole factory that's building them!</font></td></tr></table>

------------------

Well thanx for that ray of sunshine... drakh
crazy.gif

------------------

There is a pretty good chance that, after Excalibur finds the First (false) cure for the plague and "goes rogue" it will be because they discover something Ugly about the people in Earthforce who are Building the new Shadowships.

That is my best guess at what JMS was building up to. He wouldn't be introducing those ships in Season One unless he were planning to Use them in Season TWO.
For something.

And, since they are Shadow Tech, we can probably assume it was obtained by Clarke's allies.
We already know they discovered the First Shadow Vessel on Mars before Babylon 5 was ever built. So, this project has been going on for a While.
IPX is most likely involved, too.
After all, they were the ones who Controlled the dig that found the first Shadow ship on Mars, followed it to Z'Ha'Dum and probably Woke Up the Shadows.

I say Probably woke up the Shadows because it could have been Digging Up that first ship that woke them up.
Or they could have already been awake and stage managed the discovery on Mars.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Somewhere (here?) was said that the cure wouldn't be exactly what it seems and Earthforce would ingnore the warning of Gideon and rest of the crew. And that would escalate the problems between Excalibur and Earthforce even more.

------------------

It would have been awesome to see more abilities of the hybrid. Just how far EA black ops had gone with shadow tech we may never know (please insert here Damm TNT) for not having wisdom and foresight....

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

Warlock cruisers did kick ass. Anyone have any info on them? any nice pics? Damn they were sweet.

Philip Voss NYC
A sad day for all

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:

We already know they discovered the First Shadow Vessel on Mars before Babylon 5 was ever built. So, this project has been going on for a While.
IPX is most likely involved, too.
After all, they were the ones who Controlled the dig that found the first Shadow ship on Mars, followed it to Z'Ha'Dum and probably Woke Up the Shadows.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which makes me wonder if this would have been a major part of Eilerson's character development. After all, not only is he IPX, but he's from Mars - could he possibly have been part of the IPX team that found that Shadow vessel? Then again, in the broadcast episodes we have seen Eilerson beginning to act for the greater good over his personal gain and company loyalty, amending reports to the company to say that nothing of value was found (can't remember the episode at the moment!).

------------------

Warlock cruisers did kick ass. Anyone have any info on them? any nice pics? Damn they were sweet.

Philip Voss NYC
A sad day for all

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://gamma.nic.fi/~spusa/kuvat/wwc/WarlockFleet.jpg
http://gamma.nic.fi/~spusa/kuvat/wwc/Dub.jpg
http://gamma.nic.fi/~spusa/kuvat/wwc/ea_patrol.jpg
http://gamma.nic.fi/~spusa/kuvat/wwc/XOD_Arrives.jpg

------------------
“Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, the HELL with you!”

Eat More Goat.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Delbert:
Then again, in the broadcast episodes we have seen Eilerson beginning to act for the greater good over his personal gain and company loyalty, amending reports to the company to say that nothing of value was found (can't remember the episode at the moment!).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The Well of Forever

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Delbert:
Then again, in the broadcast episodes we have seen Eilerson beginning to act for the greater good over his personal gain and company loyalty, amending reports to the company to say that nothing of value was found (can't remember the episode at the moment!).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patterns of the Soul

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for the new series
"Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2, 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Patterns of the Soul<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Of course.. Must remeber to put in the working brain next time.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Originally posted by KoshN:
Patterns of the Soul<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Of course.. Must remeber to put in the working brain next time.

smile.gif

"The Well of Forever" was an easy one to jump to. In that one, IIRC, Eilerson's files were wiped out by "technostatic disarray."

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for the new series
"Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2, 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Originally posted by Delbert:
Then again, in the broadcast episodes we have seen Eilerson beginning to act for the greater good over his personal gain and company loyalty, amending reports to the company to say that nothing of value was found (can't remember the episode at the moment!).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The Well of Forever

I don't think Well of Forever is correct. Isn't that where they deposit the essense of Isabelle?

Max can't get anything from there, the computer screen goes blank and destroys all the info on what is on the rock. The one thing Max could not have.

He showed his compassion a couple of times. Nothing of value on the planet with the humans and Dureena's race. He starts the report, then changes his mind and reports nothing of value. I don't know the name of that one.

Peeps, shoot me when the war is over for my stupidity here, but what does IIRC mean?

I just keep staring at my puter screen wondering . . .

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

[This message has been edited by GideonsMine (edited September 20, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back