• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sex

D

**DONOTDELETE**

..wasn't the thing that made J.S. pull, the plug, I think.
Not even an alien sex scientist, I think. It could had led to
several humors "" scenes, like: that was not her ... it was her
eating organ... if you think that is funny.

Hmmm now I write this, this might be just the juvenile thing TNT was aiming on. ITS NOT FUNNY! B5 had enough sex, but it was hidden, or so, so subtile. Like, you remember Ivanova stretching out in bed, just not to find Ms. Winters there? That scene still makes me wonder.

Think about this: males: a female z'rogk from gyo7ut lands in your garden, (hell no, since it doesn't look human at all) you will mate with it.
Females: a male z'rogk from gyo7ut lands in your garden, hell no, (since it doesn't look human at all) you will mate with it.

Right?
Right!

No matter what, TNT killed the Crusade.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Like, you remember Ivanova stretching out in bed, just not to find Ms. Winters there? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it was the other way around.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
I believe it was the other way around.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember that scene too, her hand reaching out to the other side of the bed and Talia not being there.

Susan later asked her why she was not there.

What do you mean G'KarsEye? Maybe I am just missing something in the one liner reference there.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

It was Ivanova who was missing from the bed. Through out that ep we are lead to believe that she is the sleeper agent as many assumed that she would inherit Tashimaka's arc. It really added to the shock when it turned out to be Talia.

------------------
"Watch the Shadows, they move when you're not looking..."

TNT wanted gratuituos, silly sex, sex for its own sake. Like having Gideon allow a member of the crew, in effect, to be raped by a meddling Earth official in order to blackmail the man later. Or turning one of the crew into a "sexual explorer" who would learn about aliens by sleeping with them. Just stupid, "SF means never having to use logic" network ideas. The kind of "well, if you give them spaceships and ray-guns you'll get the SF crowd, but we need something else to attract a wider audience" thinking that resulted in 7-of-9 and her painted-on costume. They also wanted a lot more unmotivated "action" (read "violence") like the fist-fight in "War Zone."

On top of everything else, their requests were contradictory. For awhile TNT's notes emphasized character, insisting that everyone be shown standing around talking about how they felt about whatever was happening. They also assumed that the audience was no smarter than they were, so they wanted things spelled-out in greater detail. (Remember the essentially redundant subtitles for the alien in "The Path of Sorrows"?) And they asked to have gobs of exposition added to the senator's scene in "War Zone."

When Babylonian productions did as they were asked, they started getting note complaining that the shows were too slow paced and talky, everyone was standing around discussing their feelings and the scene with the Senator was too long. It hadn't been until JMS added the exposition the network asked for. It became a no-win situation, one that certainly wasn't helped when JMS did things like threaten to publicly call the TNT brass idiots at a press event they organized.

But it wasn't sex per se that was the problem. That's just become a shorthand way to refer to the "creative differences" and, like most such short-cuts, it isn't terribly accurate and leaves a lot out.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
When Babylonian productions did as they were asked, they started getting note complaining that the shows were too slow paced and talky, everyone was standing around discussing their feelings and the scene with the Senator was too long. It hadn't been until JMS added the exposition the network asked for.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I belive the two types of notes were coming at the same time, from different divisions of TNT.

Additionally, there's also been behind the scenes reports that TNT decided to get out of SF, and the "suggustions" were simply an attempt to piss off jms to the point where he'd walk off the show, letting them drop the show without breaching their contract.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

Most of what I have heard has been from JMS and he explained it with a fair amount of humor though it must have been a terrible blow to him to have to stop Crusade rather than adhere to the TNT suggestions.

This network is not available in Canada so I never had the pleasure of pulling the plug on them. It would be interesting to know how many fans cancelled their subscription after the Crusade fiasco.
crazy.gif

------------------

No, it was Talia who reached out for Susan in bed, establishing the fact that they were sleeping together.

Later, Susan did ask where Talia was. She must have been referring to later on that night. Talia was out trying to kill Lyta.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back