• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season Two DVDs

ElScorcho

Regular
Two questions for anyone who might know...

Is there a date or tentative release schedule for the second season yet?

Is there any idea of the timetable for the rest of the seasons / movies?

Is there a date or tentative release schedule for the second season yet?

April or May. This is tentative, based on a JMS post from before the release of the S1 set. But Warner Bros. has not officially announced a date, so that's the best we have.

Is there any idea of the timetable for the rest of the seasons / movies?

No, nobody has any information on this whatsoever. The smart money says that they'll be released in approximately "chronological" order - which means Thirdspace around the time S4 comes out, and all the rest after or at the same time as S5.

Regards,

Joe

JMS made mention to season 2 sets being rushed into production, set for April, R2 have been guessed at for may, so that (if correct) most likely means R1 is set for late april.

I read that WB is rushing them as mentioned due to the overwhelming response to Season 1. Most stores were selling out of them and WB actually ran out of stock and had to scramble to produce more before Christmas.

The tentative schedule is Season 2 by May, Season 3 by Nov, Season 4 by May 2004, and Season 5 by Nov 2004.

There is some talk about a sixth and seventh box where six would be the movies and seven would be Crusade and Legend of the Rangers. That remains to be seen tho.

Jesterhawk

There is some talk about a sixth and seventh box where six would be the movies and seven would be Crusade and Legend of the Rangers. That remains to be seen tho.

arg, id hate that. i think its better if the release each movie by itself, cause what if they make another movie in a year or so?

but i think Crusade and Leyend of the Rangers together would be a cool idea, since both are definitely dead now.

Some talk where?

Is this just people chatting it up on a message board, or is there actually something concrete behind it? If so what real evidence is there of this?

I think that they should do another double DVD disc, with one side having Thirdspace, and the other side having River of Souls, i think that would be very good to do.

Then, they should release Legend of the Rengers and A Call to Arms on another double disc, followed by the 13 episode set of Crusade.

I read that WB is rushing them as mentioned due to the overwhelming response to Season 1.

Warner Home Video is not "rushing" S2. JMS mentioned that they've moved the project up in the priority list - meaning it gets more resources, sooner, and when there are conflicts with other DVD projects, S2 goes first. He didn't say anything about them speeding up the release schedule. (In fact, he specifically denied knowing anything about such a plan.)

The tentative schedule is Season 2 by May, Season 3 by Nov, Season 4 by May 2004, and Season 5 by Nov 2004.

That is exactly the tentative release schedule JMS mentioned several months before the DVDs were released - except that he said "April" instead of "May".

There is some talk about a sixth and seventh box where six would be the movies and seven would be Crusade and Legend of the Rangers.

Sounds like message board chatter, to me - something that someone would like to see, not something Warner Bros. would ever consider. (Why put Rangers with Crusade instead of with the rest of the TV movies? It is set almost two years earlier and has nothing at all to do with the Crusade series.)

I am quite sure that WHV isn't even looking as far out as Crusade yet. And the next movie up in story order is Thirdspace in S4. All the others take place after "Objects at Rest", so there is no rush to get them out.

I'd rather see each film released individually, with a commentary or two, multiple language tracks and some other extras. In fact, I'd like to see The Gathering and In the Beginning remastered, remixed and DD 5.1 and released again as special editions.

Regards,

Joe

exact JMS quotes:

All I'll say is that Warners is, apparently, stunned.

jms

I don't know if they'll be able to move up the date, which last I heard was
about April, but I did hear the other day that they want to get the next set up
and running asap. It's suddenly become a priority item.

Who'd've imagined?

jms

>You probably have too much class to march
>over to WHV and loudly say, "I *told* you so!"

We've never actually *met*, have we?

jms

I don't know if they'll be able to move up the date, which last I heard was about April

Exactly. Two of the three posts you qouted from are JMS's answers to posts of mine, so I remember the exchange very well.

Regards,

Joe

i know, but just making sure everyone knew exactly what was said by him.

when i said rushed, i basically meant what you said, i just choose not to go into too much detail or make sure everything i say is exactly correct, like you. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Fas: </font color>
but i think Crusade and Legend of the Rangers together would be a cool idea, since both are definitely dead now.

Please don't lump Crusade /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif in with The Legend of the Rangers pilot /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . The pilot was a movie, and in no way as good as Crusade was.

If any movie was to be included with Crusade, it's A Call to Arms, and then maybe, somebody, FINALLY could get it right, and air it BEFORE "Racing the Night." Yes, I know this is "rocket science" for those involved. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Lumping Crusade with A Call to Arms would make more sense than to bundle it with Rangers. Id still rather have it released as a stand-alone movie though...

hehehe i know but IF they ever revive Crusade im hoping it would be doing new episodes with different actors (woudnt feel right to have an actor aging 4 or five years in episode 14). so, just in case, maybe the set should say: "The ORIGINAL Crusade episodes" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Fas: </font color>
hehehe i know but IF they ever revive Crusade im hoping it would be doing new episodes with different actors (woudnt feel right to have an actor aging 4 or five years in episode 14). so, just in case, maybe the set should say: "The ORIGINAL Crusade episodes"

Not me. I hope they'd get the original actors. 4 to 5 years is nothing. Makeup can easily overcome that. Now, if it's 20 or 30 years, I'll agree with you.

I'd like to see Crusade re-started with as close as possible to the original cast, if only to prove what schmucks TNT-Atlanta suits are, and what schmucks Sci-Fi suits are for passing up Crusade.

They could always use the hairpiece and girdle combo that has kept the Shat, William Shatner so young and spritely

i just choose not to go into too much detail or make sure everything i say is exactly correct, like you.

Hey, cut a guy some slack, will you? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm on my second day without cigarettes and these nicotine patches are not all they're cracked up to be. So I'm a little cranky. That's why I'm staying out of the political threads for the next week or two. Things could get very ugly. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

Joe

Keep it up, Joe! It will be worth it in the end /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif After having smoked 30 a day for 25 years, I know how tough it can be /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey, cut a guy some slack, will you? I'm on my second day without cigarettes and these nicotine patches are not all they're cracked up to be. So I'm a little cranky. That's why I'm staying out of the political threads for the next week or two. Things could get very ugly.
Good luck Joe, I've now made it 1 week. I made it 4 months last year before some major shinola hit a big fan. I'm hoping with said shinola out of the way, this year will be the year! Good luck buddy.

Latest posts

Members online

Back