• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season (Series) One Starts Again Today!

According to scifi.com, tonight's B5 episode is #103, Midnight on the Firing Line.

It was interesting that SciFi started this cycle with the Gathering, shown in two parts on Monday and Tuesday. Do you suppose they'll put all the TV movies in their proper chronological order this time around? It'd be cool; but I doubt it.

They always started the series by showing The Gathering. It is really the FIRST episode in many regards, not just the pilot.

The first time I saw "The Gathering" I was a bit underwhelmed. After seeing the entire series and then going back and watching it again, I was much more fascinated with what they were doing in the pilot. I've seen it 5 or 6 times now and I enjoy it more every time.

I have seen the original episode of "The Gathering" , and I thought it was cool though perhaps not up to the standard of some of the later episodes. I now read somewhere that there is a "new" version of "The Gathering" being released on DVD ( in the US already I believe , here in Europe in April ).

Has anyone seen this "new" version , and is it very different from the original ?

dawnchild
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dawnchild:
<font color=yellow>Has anyone seen this "new" version , and is it very different from the original ?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I have rather vague memories of the original version, but for example the score is completely different - the new version has Christopher Franke's score, like the entire series.

Also the 'alien zoo' scenes (the non-humanoid aliens in what looked like showcases, not private quarters) were dropped, as well as some other scenes. I think some extra character moments were put in, plus Kosh greeting 'Sinclair'.

You should get a more detailed overview on it from the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/guide/000.html>The Lurker's Guide</a> - it mentions what details are new in the revised edition.

Back