• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season Five // What happens to Sheridan?

bakana

Beyond the rim
Taking you at your word:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> During Season 5, Sheridan becomes President of the Interstellar Alliance.
An ISA headquarters is constructed on Minbar and Sheridan & Wife, Delenn, move from B5 to Minbar.
They have a Son.
Sheridan & Delenn, at some point, swap jobs and She becomes ISA President while he takes over the Rangers.
The Final episode, Sleeping in Light, occurs about 20 Years after the events in the 4th season and wraps up the series.
Sheridan realizes that he is dying.
Remember that Lorien promised him only 20 years of additional life after the "repairs" made on Z'Ha"Dum.
That 20 years has run out.
SIL deals with Sheridan's final days, his goodby to his friends and a farewell visit to Babylon 5.
B5 is Also Dying, having outlived it's usefullness as the ISA Grew the diplomatic functions of B5 were taken over and moved to the headquarters on Minbar.
Trade routes have shifted until B5 is no longer a viable port, so Earth is shutting it down.
Toward the End of the episode, there is a Scene where a maintence worker is the last person leaving B5. He walks up to a switchbox and turns out all the lights.
Pay close attention: That maintenance worker is JMS Himself.
His Only onscreen appearance in Babylon 5. (or any Other show, for that matter).

There is also a final Credit Scene that includes everyone who worked backstage on the series.
Noteworthy because you need to record the program and either slowmo or freeze frame to get a good look at it. It only lasts a few seconds.
</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

If you are interested in the other aspects of Season 5, not quite so Sheridan-based, here are some details. Like Bakana, I am assuming you don't mind really blatant spoilers here:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Assuming you really do want to know all the details, so to speak, here are a few tidbits that don't fit easily into Bakana's very good summary:

1) A bunch of rouge telepaths come to B5 in season 5. Lyta gets involved with them, and particularly with their leader, Byron. Byron can be nice, can be condescending, and can be really annoying according to some fans. He’s bound and determined to find a home planet for his rogue telepaths, and ends up trying to bribe the ISA member worlds by “finding out their secrets” and threatening to expose them. The whole thing ends violently, with Byron and his “key” group of telepaths setting fire to themselves. They like to sing a lot, which you might catch references to from time to time in the threads. Many fans find Byron and his lot very annoying, but I only found them to be over-the-top cornball from time to time.

2) Ivanova is gone from the series after season 4. She may have been meant for Lyta’s role in the rogue telepath struggle, but anyhow she’s gone from season 5 until “Sleeping in Light” airs as the last episode of the series. (It was filmed in season 4, but delayed when B5 got an extra, 5th, season.)

3) A favorite stand-alone episode of mine, the one with “Mac and Bo” covers a “typical” day on B5. They are two maintenance workers who are just going through their “typical” day when some alien group (never seen or mentioned before or since) invades B5.

4) I’m pretty sure this is also the season when Garibaldi, responding to the implanted programming that Bester forced upon him, betrays Sheridan, and turns him in to Earthforce. Sheridan is then tortured, drugged, and generally messed with in hopes that he will turn tails and switch to Earthforce’s side. Garibaldi, after recovering, risks his life to meet up with his old comrades, and leads the rescue of Sheridan.

5) I think this is the season that the two comic/magicians guest star in one episode. One is silent, the other a bit of a loud guy. Penn and Teller, that’s it! Very funny guys, kind of mediocre episode.

I can’t think of anything more right now. Bakana’s summary hits all of the plot-important points, except for Byron and his gang, I think. Oh, BTW, it is Bester, of course, that forces the final confrontation that causes Byron’s gang to get violent and then the core of Byron’s gang to commit suicide. Lyta, by the way, knows Byron’s contacts, and all, and gives this information to the surviving rogue telepaths as they leave the station.

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited January 09, 2002).]

Oh, one more little tid-bit:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> AT the very end of "Sleeping in Light" somewhere in the credits it says that everything we have been seeing that is Babylon 5 was really a re-enactment staged by ISN. I, personally, don't like this tidbit. Too much like "ah, last season was really a DREAM" kind of thing they use in cheap soap operas! </font></td></tr></table>

crazy.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

It wasnt staged as a re-inactment, it was meant to be a factual documentary (like history channel) with actual footage and records.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

A minor correction. Point number 4. That happened in the 4th season.
In the Fifth Season, Garibaldi tries to take his Revenge and finds out about One More dirty little trick Bester played on him.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Opinions differ on the episode with Bo & Mack, "A View from the Gallery". Personally, I think that it is one of the Highlights of the entire series.
Others complain because Not One of the main characters has more than a passing moment in the episode.
It focuses entirely on the two Maintenance Men and what it's like to "clean up this mess" after the big guys "Win the Battle".

The other episode mentioned, "Day of the Dead" by Neil Gaiman (the insectile race, the Gaim, is named after him) featuring Penn & Teller as Rebo & Zooty is also controversial.
While Sheridan & Delenn are entertaining their distinguished guests over dinner, others on the station are receiving visits from people we (and they) Know are Dead!
Londo, Garibaldi, Lennier and the new Commanding Officer all receive visitors.

In another noteworthy episode, "Learning Curve", two novice rangers learn a lesson in Terror, how to face it and how to Use it.
And Delenn solves the problem of just What to do with a Pak'Ma'Ra.</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Hi everyone,

unfortunately in my country season five hasnt been televised... so, ive seen everything up to the fourth season finale.

i really want to know what happens to Sheridan in th end, ive read about it but im not sure. i heard Lorien takes him to the limit or something like that. i dont mind spoylers.

------------------
- Fabio Aleman
- Spain
- fabio_aleman@hotmail.com

Don't tell anyone i told you this
laugh.gif

major spoiler ahead:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>1st B5 is destroyed due to various problems, Sheridan visits days before it is blown away, & finally in my opinion lorien takes him to the rim, his body is never found. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
I have no one to envy...
I envy you having me to envy...

"love to stay, can't, have to go, kiss kiss, love love, bye" G'Kar

If you really want to know what happened in season 5 and don't mind a lot of spoilers, then there are a few websites with excellent synopses/episode guides.

Lurker's Guide Episode List
B5 Spoiler Junkies season 5
The Galactic Gateway Episode Synopses

Between the three of them, you should at least get an idea of what happened in a particular episode.
smile.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Well, here are a few more finer points:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>

After Byron's death, Lyta seems become the leader of the "rogue" telepaths in their fight against Psi Corps. She begins to manifest more of her Vorlon-enhanced powers.

It's decided it's no longer safe to have her on the station. G'Kar is being non-stop hounded by Narns on the station (and on Narn itself) as their great prophet and leader. G'Kar wants no part of this and decides to escape the worship by flying around in unknown space for a while. He volunteers to take Lyta with him, killing two birds with one stone.

Lyta makes a deal to give G'Kar (and Narn) telepath DNA (there are currenly no Narn telepaths) in return for huge amounts of money, etc.

The trick Bester played on Garibaldi was placing an "Asimov" in Garibaldi's mind. Of course, the name is a tribute to Issac Asimov's (fictional) three laws implanted in all robots so they cannot hurt people. Bester has implanted a safeguard deep in Garibaldi's mind, so Garibaldi can't directly hurt Bester. This Asimov is planted so deep that it can't be removed by other telepaths. Learning of this safeguard sends Garibaldi back to the bottle.

Before she leaves, Lyta agrees to use her Vorlon-enhanced abilities to remove the Asimov in two years -- if Garibaldi hides and manages secret (significant) amounts of money for the rogue telepaths.

Lyta and G'Kar leave the station and fly toward unknown space. Garibaldi and Lise (his fiancee who is now quite wealthy) go to Mars to manage a huge corporation. Franklin goes to Earth to lead alien biological research.

Sheridan is caught in an accident, and instead of rescuing him, Lennier (in a fit of jealousy) abandons him. After a few moments, Lennier comes to his senses and returns to help -- but Sheridan is already free. As he thinks he can never recover his position of trust (and not wanting to share Delenn), Lennier flees.

You may remember in season 4 that Londo, as Prime Minister, destroys the Shadow base that Cartagia allowed on Centauri Prime. Morden, before he's killed, promises that the Shadows or their allies would have their revenge on Londo and the Centauri people.

In season 5, Londo becomes the Centauri Emperor. However, the Drakh (junior partners of the Shadows) have secretly taken over Centauri Prime. The Drakh have the Centauri government attack other worlds, who in return savagely attack Centauri Prime, leaving much of it in ruins. Londo returns from Babylon 5 to become Emperor of a pile of rubble and a scarred people.

Before he becomes Emperor, the Drakh reveal themselves to Londo. Londo must become a Drakh slave, or Centauri Prime will be completely blown to pieces. He agrees, and a "keeper" is placed upon him. This keeper monitors Londo's thoughts and deeds, transmits them to the Drakh, and can punish Londo with incredible pain.

Londo is forced to give a "gift" to Sheidan and Delenn for their unborn son. It is a sealed urn with supposed historical value. Instead, it contains a keeper which will attach itself to the unborn boy on his 16th birthday (if all goes according to plan).

Of the main cast through season 4, only Vir and Zack are left on Babylon 5 after season 5.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by Mondo Londo (edited January 10, 2002).]

Reading all the bits people remember is hugely funny and I should think very distracting. Do yourself a favor and go to the Lurker's Guide as recommended earlier and read the synopsis of each episode. Give yourself a couple of hours and enjoy
smile.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Latest posts

Members online

Back