• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SciFi.com Chat w/ Dylan Neal (11/29 @ 9 PM ET)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gkarfan:
Just read the transcript. I just realized this: no one hacked Dylan's chat! In some previous B5 chats at SFC, there were hacker-problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please don't insult hackers. This guy's a script-kidddie, a pathetic little creature that thinks he's rilli kewl just because he can attack the chats with a program he's dowloaded. It reqiures no skill, no intelligence... just a obsessive grudge and no life.

And he was there, trying his best, but SciFi seems to have gotten a handle on him now.

------------------
"When a spark goes online, there's great joy --
When one's extinguished, the universe weeps." (audio)
-- Rhinox, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarah cantrell:
Laughalot
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ohhh... I'm sensing a pattern emerging here:

FRICTION AMONG RANGERS CAST!
Co-stars forced to communicate with lead through scheduled public chats.

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

------------------

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarah cantrell:
Laughalot
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!
I was wondering who this laughalot was, for some reason. Something about the nick stuck out at me.

I noticed Warren was at the chat, too.
smile.gif

I bugged a lot of the b5lr people about it...

------------------
Do you dare to enter tygirwulf's Lair?

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Lyta - thanks, that was really nice of you to ask that question for me! At many other messageboards, I'd be out of luck...
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem at all! I did not have any specific questions to ask and I thought your question was great. I did ask more questions after yours but none were chosen. It probably had to do with the fact that they were similar to other people's (What inspired you to become an actor? What was the most rewarding aspect of being a Ranger?) so it got asked by the moderator instead.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | The Abyss : B5 | Seattle, WA
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
Many thanks Lyta. I feel very privileged to have someone do all the work transcribing the chat so the rest of us can enjoy it too.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found your comment pretty amusing! It was not a lot of work at all. The IRC program automatically logs everything.
laugh.gif
Plus, while I was waiting for questions to be answered, I was making the edited version. It helped kill time and it made me think of questions to ask while re-reading the answers too.
smile.gif

------------------
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Maybe the "ping" verifies that the user is a real person and not a bot or script?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>"Ping? Pong!" are "keep alive" messages from the server, checking that the connection is still there.

[PING] (shows up red in mIRC) is a CTCP (Client to Client Protocol) request to check how long a message takes from the sender to another user and back again. If you get a lot of these, then somebody is flooding you.

------------------

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gkarfan:
I missed the chat because I've been sick with the Bronchitis Attack From Hell (take my word for it--you don't want this), but this morning I'm actually starting to feel better, after almost a month of being sick. So I guess I will read the transcript.

Crossing my fingers that I really *am* better now!

Tammy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tammy, I know what that's like. I spent almost the whole month of September with bronchitis, an ear infection and an upper respiratory infection. It was not a whole lot of fun. I ended up having to see a doctor and get antibiotics. Luckily I only missed 3 days of work.

I hope you are over yours and feeling better soon!
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

I was at the chat and I found it to be very interesting. Dylan is a talkative guy. He told us alot about things like where he grew up, how he got into the business, what it's like to work with Andreas Katsulas and JMS, other projects that he has done, and his hopes for a Ranger series.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
My wonderful ISP kept cutting me off. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed a lot of people having troubles (or so it appeared) because of the large number of "signed off" messages and people connecting again soon after. My friend had problems and it seemed to have been an incompatibility with his chat client and the IRC server. I also noticed that there were a lot of "ping" messages between my client and the server (which was the reason my friend had troubles).

I don't know if this is a common problem but maybe that is one of SciFi's "security" measures? Maybe the "ping" verifies that the user is a real person and not a bot or script?

------------------

I liked his very honest, and funny, reply to the question about what role was his favorite to play. "The one I get" or something to that effect was his first answer.

How honest. And how refreshing.
cool.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back