• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SCI FI secret B5LR page comes and goes...

I don't know wht wrote what but I'm on the west coast and I'm able to view the trailer how ever it is a little choppy but that's probably due to my ISP and not Scifi.com
smile.gif

------------------
And so it begins.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Probably, but as the movie is expected to air around December, I don't think you have to worry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, thanks!

--mcn

------------------

Did I just read that the movie might be set before the end of the teep war? Really? Truly?

If so this is big and very welcome news!

------------------

I am also west coast but have a niece that watches the show in VA. She emailed me the url when she got it. Due to technical antiquation on my part, I couldn't view it, but it was enough to see G'kar standing there and knowing that it isn't 'old footage'.
It's enough to know it's there and it's coming.
Imagine what happened when it first aired on the East coast. Anyone who wanted to, went to check it out..maybe hundreds of people...who maybey half of that then forwarded the url to people across the country or around the world..the number of people who want to view it increases exponentially in a matter of hours.
Think about it...almost every B5 fan with a computer tried to log into that site within 24 hours. If that doesn't say anything to SFC about the anticipation of this...they're blind as a bat and twice as dumb. (yes I know bats are intelligent and can hear...)
I'll be posting my conversation with Bear Burge from Agamemcon in another spot today...

"Never underestimate the power of large groups of fanatical people. Scary isn't it?"

------------------
PM
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us."
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

Did anyone else notice, by the way, that the music was a variation on The Requiem for the Line (also used as the Season Three B5 theme?)

/m

------------------

PMvanova: >> Think about it...almost every B5 fan with a computer tried to log into that site within 24 hours. <<

That, I think, is the critical part of all this. If SFC counted the number of unique accounts that hit the site, it now has a rough idea of how many "computer enabled" fans there are for Rangers. It's a simple calculation from that to expected viewing figures. I hope we hit that server HARD!
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zoriah:
Did I just read that the movie might be set before the end of the teep war? Really? Truly?

If so this is big and very welcome news!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just got back from a week long vacation and am still trying to catch up on my email and board reading ...

I attended the Gathering in Vancouver and have to disagree with Dennis (who reported that B5LR takes place -before- the teep war). I distinctly remember JMS saying that B5LR happens a little while (a few months maybe?) -after- the teep war.

Hidden due to slight spoilers that may be revealed:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Think about it for a second ... season 5 ends in 2262. Lyta makes a two year deal with Garibaldi to remove the telepathic block that Bester placed. It is indicated (I have not read them all myself) in the Bester books that this promise was kept and that the teep war happens around 2264. B5LR takes place late in 2265 so this would place the telemovie/possible series just -after- the teep war.</font></td></tr></table>

For a really detailed B5 timeline (be warned of many spoilers!) visit:

B5 Timeline

Correct me if I am wrong as I am only human and did not record JMS' words exactly ... but my logic makes sense to me.
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Find what excites you, and do it. Follow your joy; the rest will take care of itself.
--J. Michael Straczynski--

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited June 18, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:

Hidden due to slight spoilers that may be revealed:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Think about it for a second ... season 5 ends in 2262. Lyta makes a two year deal with Garibaldi to remove the telepathic block that Bester placed. It is indicated (I have not read them all myself) in the Bester books that this promise was kept and that the teep war happens around 2264. B5LR takes place late in 2265 so this would place the telemovie/possible series just -after- the teep war.</font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Lyta does take the block out of Garibaldi you can read about it in one of the short stories that was written it is called The Nautilus Coil, by J. Gregory Keyes </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back