• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Saturn Awards nominations

my votes are:

SF Film: Signs, it was just barely the best on the list

Fantasy Film: Lotr2, but i did really like Reign of Fire...

Horror Film: Blade 2.

A/A/T Film: XXX easily...

Animated Film: haven't seen any of em...

Best Actor: Robin Williams.

Best Actress: Kirsten Dunst.

Supporting Actor: again, i'd have to choose Robin, didn't like many of the others nominated...

Supporting Actress: Halle Barry, barely better than others...

Young Actor: Elijah Wood, he's the only one who i would rate above good, besides Dan Radcliffe, though he barely fits in that category.

Best Direction: easily Chris Columbus on Lotr2.

Best Writing: eh, the one that comes out best (barely) is again, LotR2.

Best music: can't decide between John Williams for SW2 and Howard Shore for LotR2.

Best costume: no comment

Best Make-Up: well, tie between Blade 2 and The Ring

Best SFX: easily LotR2, it just kicked ass with the roman ceturian formation stuff...

Network Television: can't decide between Buffy and Smallville

Syndicated/Cable: for 2002, (please don't kill me) Andromeda, because i scarcely watched any of the others...

Single Program: Taken, easily...

TV actor: hmm, i'd have to choose David Boreanaz.

TV actress: Sarah Michelle Gellar, since i don't watch Alias, but she was killer in DareDevil.

TV Supporting Actor: Michael Rosenbaum, he plays a perfect Lex.

TV supporting Actress: Alysson Hannigan, god is she one fine pie............ (edited for explicit content)

DVD release: none look worthy to me...

DVD Special Edition Release: SW2.

DVD Classic Film Release: BttF DVD set.

DVD TV Programming Release: B5 s1, it was better (IMO) than all 7 seasons of TNG put together.

Syndicated/Cable: for 2002, (please don't kill me) Andromeda, because i scarcely watched any of the others...

TV actor: hmm, i'd have to choose David Boreanaz.

TV actress: Sarah Michelle Gellar, since i don't watch Alias.

Granted I don't watch all of the shows involved regularly. From what I have seen, though, I would give these three categories to Farscape. Assuming that we are talking about calender 2002, the last 4 eps of Farscape's third season count here and the "Into the Lion's Den" 2-parter was fantastic.

I like the "G"-girls (Garner and Geller) well enough, but Claudia Black has been doing amazing work. She is the best actor (regardless of gender) that I have seen as a regular in a "genre" TV show since at least B5's alien ambassadors.

I actually don't think the overall field is quite as strong for the men. However, Browder has also been doing interesting things, taking John Crichton to some very dark places.

Agreed Pillowrock, BB and CB are just amazing and are streets ahead in their catagories. Jennifer Garner comes a reasonably close second though.

The best supporting actor is truly hard though. Alexis Denisof has done some sterling work in Angel this year, but Victor Garber in Alias is also great!

I think my best show this year has been Alias. It's been consistantly good, with some excellent writing and always amazing acting. I've loved Angel, but it's quality varies, same with Buffy. Whereas there's barely been one below-par episode of Alias.

And although I haven't really seen enough of this years Farscape to pass judgement, I reckon that it's easily the best in it's catergory!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back