• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

S4R2 Easter Egg

The S2 and S3 DVD sets included a gag reel as an Easter Egg - but S4 now has this as an "official" Special Feature found using normal methods.

However, I had heard rumblings that there was an Easter Egg on S4 as well, but I certainly cannot find anything.

Was that rumbling just my empty stomach, have I missed it completely, or is this just an R1 thing - as it was with S1's Easter Egg.

Incidentally ... why are they called Easter Eggs?

:confused:

As they are a suprise, a gift or somthing to that extent.
And they are hidden, as Easter eggs traditionally should be.

<old man rant>Painted eggs hidden for children to find over easter, not big chucks of chocolate wrapped in silver foil piled up in Woolworths!! )</old man rant>

Its a programming term, comes from hidden extras in games, such as silly messages from the programmer (i.e John romero's head in Doom II)

The S2 and S3 DVD sets included a gag reel as an Easter Egg - but S4 now has this as an "official" Special Feature found using normal methods.

However, I had heard rumblings that there was an Easter Egg on S4 as well, but I certainly cannot find anything.

Was that rumbling just my empty stomach, have I missed it completely, or is this just an R1 thing - as it was with S1's Easter Egg.

Incidentally ... why are they called Easter Eggs?

:confused:

In the R2 S4 set, the Easter Egg is in the Universe of B5 data files bit... (I forget where exactly).. I know you press right on the remote when on one of the names, this then highlights the '5' on the right of the screen. Choosing the 5 then plays a side by side comparison of a computer generated Station before and after textures have been added to the CGI model.

If it's the same as the R1 version, you need to go to "Personnel Files", click down to "Lorien" and hit the right arrow. The "5" at the side of the screen will highlight and clicking it will show a side-by-side comparison of a fly-by of the station with a rough and finished shot. The fly-by was shown underneath the credits for season three and have the theme music from that year.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back