• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Run Lola Run

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
I Tivoed Run Lola Run (Lola Rennt) as I'd sort of seen it about, but didn't know what it was about etc. So curiousity. Plus it had Franke Potente.

And wow. An excellent film! I like it if I get a good movie, but when I tape something and unexpedectly get something really good, I like that!

I love the whole chaos theory/fate thing, so stories that way inclined appeal to me. But the film had a lot going for it. The directing, its story, the soundtrack... all very good. It grabbed me from the start, and it didn't let go.

Anyone else seen it?

I saw a rented copy of it a year or two ago.

I thought it was a lot of fun. *VERY* high energy throughout. Interesting how bits of backstory that you get only (for the sake of argument) in iteration 2 can re-color the way you see something in iteration 3 that is more closely matched (in terms what you see in the given scene) to iteration 1.

And, of course, it is a movie that absolutely requires good casting of the lead actress. If she doesn't have the right presence then the movie has no chance of working.

Cute flick, very entertaining.

I saw the lead actress in some crappy movie and didn't like her there. Then again, it was a crappy movie...

I saw it about a year ago. Very nice, wonderful theories. And did you notice that all the iterations did, in fact, happen? They didn't get wiped out and reset, because there's some carryover from one to the next.

I saw the lead actress in some crappy movie and didn't like her there. Then again, it was a crappy movie...

*Sharpens knife* But you're not alluding to... the Bourne Identity are you?

Shit! That was her? I knew she looked familiar.

And i watched the Bourne Identity yesterday, what a coincidence lol quite a kick-ass movie.

Yeah, I think that was it. I think it was the movie that my friend I always make fun of because Julia Stiles appears every so often with headphones for no reason. So now when we see a trailer for some cookie-cutter Hollywood flick, one of us is bound to say, "And guest starring Julia Stiles for some reason!"

Or maybe I'm mixing it all up. Really, these movies just sort of run together in my head.

Julia Stiles is in the Bourne Identity! Why you why you...

Well, I will openly admit that the story to the Bourne Identity is nothing new. Very much by the numbers. But it was well executed I think and... well... I'm happy just to look at Matt Damon's arms for the duration.

I liked Run, Lola, Run. I thought it was well done

Or maybe I'm mixing it all up. Really, these movies just sort of run together in my head.

That happens to me every year, when I'm screening 4-500 films for the film festival. My dreams become new films edited together from pieces of the ones I've seen.
Life is a movie, and we're all just extras, so the director ignores us. :D

Back