• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

rumors suggest BSG Season 2 will have 20 episodes

This news was posted on the scifi.com boards by user "koenigrules", who is involved with a weekly BSG webcast that includes interviews with castmembers and inside info. That is, he's a fan who has connections, and could be considered a reliable source, though of course, nothing is official until we get a press release from TPTB:

Here's the latest info from lvrocks tonight.
Filming starts the 3rd week in March on the first 10 episodes of BSG; then a month hiatus; then filming on the last 10 episodes ensues.
Air dates in Fall of 2005 on Sci-Fi.
Also, just a 1% drop for Litmus ratings- from 2.48 to 2.46.
Sci-Fi says the ratings are "healthy & stable."

Re: rumors suggest BSG Season 2 will have 20 episo

He's a mod at a couple of BSG sites, and well connected. He predicted the S2 renewal (altough it was a given, really) so i trust him.

As long as the 20 eps are still of a high standard, with the budget not streatche out, i'm happy. :D

Having proved themselves capable of producing a tight, coherent and enjoyable season over 13 episodes, let's hope that an extra 7 eps doesn't lead to unnecessary "padding".

Hopefully they will also be given a budget that reflects the extra 7 episodes, and they don't have to stretch out the same budget as S1.

Yeah, if they've plotted for 13 and have to do an extra seven, it could loose focus. The tightness of the show is part of the appeal.

Hopefully they will also be given a budget that reflects the extra 7 episodes, and they don't have to stretch out the same budget as S1.

I don't think there's any chance of it having the same budget as a 13 episode season would. Certainly, 20 episodes is going to produce more revenue than 13 episodes would, so they'll have more $ to work with, and I don't think they're going to be able to tell the cast and crew "The show is a big success, now is everyone ready to do 50% more work for the same amount of money?" :)

Also, this story has now been picked up by SyFy Portal.

and I don't think they're going to be able to tell the cast and crew "The show is a big success, now is everyone ready to do 50% more work for the same amount of money?" :)

Many TV shows try!

Also, this story has now been picked up by SyFy Portal.

The master site of vagueness, where they pick up on some news, add some "sources" and are vague enough so they don't commit themselves and you can leave an article none the wiser.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back