• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Ruling from the Tomb" Question

KoshN

Super Moderator
\"Ruling from the Tomb\" Question

Why'd JMS pick 666 seconds for the start of the bomb's countdown timer?
That's the last number anybody who thought they were on a mission from God
would ever use. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I noticed that way back when I first saw Crusade on TNT, but this was the
first time I remembered to ask, having just seen it on Sci-Fi.

I asked JMS on rastb5m. We'll see if he responds.

Re: \"Ruling from the Tomb\" Question

Well could it perhaps be the voice "joan" telling him to take that number?
If so could be implying that the voice is the "beast". I am partial playing devils advocate, don't think JMS would use it as such. Even though the episode hinted at the end, the voice being real for the Jornal had all things joan actuacly said but the character could of researched joan and knew them and not been contrived from the voice. Think Character was more meant to be crazy than a actuacly servant of a higher being.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
That's the last number anybody who thought they were on a mission from God would ever use.

[/quote]

Why? If the bomber thought he was on a mission from God, and those he was about to kill represented the Devil, 666 might be an entirely appropriate number to pick - representing the intended victims, not the bomber.

And yes, of course the bomber almost certainly "knew" the contents of his "voices" in advance, from having studied the transcripts of Jeanne's trial.

Regards,

Joe

666 is not just the number of the Beast in the Bible, it is also the number of man, if you read that section of scripture in entirety.

A religious psycho, might well be under the impression that the Beast is evil, man is evil, the number of the Beast is 666 the number of man is 666. The Beast must die and therefore mankind, who is one with the Beast must die also to bring purity back to the universe.

I have to point out that this is not my line of thinking, but a plausable way that someone could misinterpret scripture to further their own ends if they were slightly unhinged so to speak.

A thing that I noticed was that the man's actions and what Joan said had nothing to do with each other. She was more of an excuse than a reason.

Oops! Peter David wrote that Ruling from the Tomb. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back