• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rank the Theme Music in Order

Icarus

Which of Babylon 5's theme music do you think is the best, out of Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I'm refering to the actual music during the opening credits not the music in general, just those credit pieces. If you had to rank them in order from best to worst which order would you choose?
Mind would be:
1 - Season 4
2 - Season 3
3 - Season 5
4 - Season 2
5 - Season 1

What do you think??

Icarus
/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Season 5 (love the quotes and shots of the first 4 seasons)
Season 3
Season 4
Season 2
Season 1

This is tough for me. It can change on an almost daily basis.

Today, my picks are:
season 4 - It starts off strong and never lets up.
season 2 - I prefer this darker version of the B5 theme from S1.
season 1 - I like the theme, but it sounds almost too upbeat for the show.
season 3 - I suprised myself by ranking this one as low as I did; there's a lot to like about it. Maybe I don't find the "Requiem for the Line" as interesting as the main B5 theme.
season 5 - As much as I love the opening "fanfare" (the part heard with the quotes), the rest of it never quite lived up to the rest of the themes for me.

While I rank season 5 last, I feel compelled to say that I really do enjoy that one too. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

1. Season 5
2. Season 4
3. Season 3
4. Season 1
5. Season 2

1- s3
2- s4
3- s1
4- s2

haven't heard s5 as am only up to s4, catching up on mates b5 video collection cos i only started watching a few months ago.

The consensus appears to be that the later ones are considered better than the early ones. Far be it from me to change that:

1) S3
2) S4
3) S5
4) S2
5) S1

Have to agree with whoever it was said that S5's "fanfare" was excellent but the rest not quite so. I loved that bit right from getting my Volume 2 CD, way before S5 was shown.

S1 is a great piece of music in its own right, I just think it suffers by comparison with later seasons. "Reqiuem For The Line" (S3), however, remains my all time fave piece of B5 music, pushed very close by "Dying Station" (IIRC) from Sleeping in Light.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Season 3
Season 2
Season 4
Season 1
Season 5

4 and 2 are very similar, and I love them both.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back