• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers ad reveals which ship is which

I was reading a hollywood.com article about Austin Powers: Goldmember, and I ran across an interesting ad, which you can see here:
http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/article/1097289

It shows which ship is the Valen, though the image isn't of the highest quality. Unless I'm mistaken, up until now we've just been speculating on which ship was which based on what we saw in the trailer.

------------------

Well now, that is pretty damn intriguing. They're saying that the Valen is that Earthforce Omega Destroyer-looking ship and not the tri-hulled, decidedly Minbari looking ship also seen in the trailer.

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

I thought it was kind of obvious that the Minbari-like ship is the Liandra, because it's at the top of this page.
smile.gif
The ugly-nosed one is the Valen, yes. I can post better pictures later, if anyone wants.

------------------
"You're going to die screaming and I'm going to watch."
-- Charlie, The Long Kiss Goodnight.

No, I wasn't referring to the Liandra, Antony. I'm talking about the big green ship with three engines that is shown being attacked by little black triangle ships in the trailer. I was about to say Raider-like to describe them and then it suddenly occurred to me that they looked rather Mage-like as well.

More hmmmm.

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Sorry, I'm getting confused.

There are raiders in the opening scenes of the movie so you may be right.

Oh. Oh. *has a brain wave* I think I know the ship you mean... that's the Emfeeli.

------------------
"You're going to die screaming and I'm going to watch."
-- Charlie, The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Well thanks guys I just got here and now I'm confused, I'll do my best to set the record straight. That ad is messed up... It's supposed to be longer, I saw one on the official star wars site a while ago and the pic for the Valen was the big ship that looks like a Victory class Destroyer.

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by War-Demon:
That ad is messed up... It's supposed to be longer, I saw one on the official star wars site a while ago and the pic for the Valen was the big ship that looks like a Victory class Destroyer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmn confusion heh..yeah I just went to see the add at the page posted above.

In what way is it suppose to be longer?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
Hmmn confusion heh..yeah I just went to see the add at the page posted above.

In what way is it suppose to be longer?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The one I saw extended down further, and you could click on the planet there (which is Minbar).

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back