• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Quotes

Várzea

I bet someone already posted something like this, but I'm building "B5 quote library" and it's easier to do that using the posts... I'm looking for some "Thought-provoking - universal truths or theories quotations" but feel free to put your favorite one, i'd like to know your favorite quotes. Heres one i really like:

""All of life can be broken down into moments of transition or moments of revelation. This had the feeling of both...
G'Quan wrote: There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."
- G'Kar

Bye, thanks a lot, Várzea /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

G'kar answering 'what is truth and what is god?'

"If i take a lamp and shine it towards a wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth, for understanding. Too often we assume that the light on the wall is God. But the light is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. But more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the revelation upon seeing it. Similarly, someone who does not search, who does not bring a lantern with him, sees nothing.

"What we percieve as God, is merely the by-product of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light, pure and umblemished, not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand infront of the light and assume that we are the centre of the universe - God looks astonshingly like we do. Or we turn to look at our shadow - and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose. Which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all it's beauty and in all it's flaws. And in so doin better understand the world around us"

----

Galen,
"And if sometimes dreams come true, then what of our nightmares"

-----
Sebastian,
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man, than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame. But for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see"

-----
Delenn,
"Will you follow me into fire, into storm, into darkness, into death?"

-----
Delenn's friend (Varn??)
"The third principle of sentient life: The capacity for self-sacrifise. The consious ability to overide evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one"

-----
Centauri Emporer,
"The past tempts us, the present confuses us and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment, lost in that vast terrible in-between"

- sorry most of it is from memory - so forgive the spelling lol /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
and more always come at odd times in my head

Hey, thanks for all those quotes! I'll be waiting for more... does anyone remember that one the seer says to Londo about greatness being called pride at young age, and something like that? (boy, am I confusing or what?)

Heres another one I like:
- "The theory is: if you are separated from yourself, you start walking
and you keep walking until you meet yourself. Then you sit down and
have a long talk. You talk about everything that you've learned,
everything that you .. felt. And you talk until you run out of words.
Now, that's vital, because the real important things can't be said.
And then, if you are lucky, you look up and there's just you, and you
can go home."
- Doc. Franklin on "Walkabout"

There are 2 huge websites with tons of quotes on them. I forget the links to them off the top of my head, but have them at home I believe. They have a good percentage of the notworthy B5 quotes, and I believe are "reasonably" accurate in word-for-word terms...

I've just started re-watching my VHS collection and I'm noting down some humorous quotes, but not many of the thought provoking ones. This, however, from "The Geometry of Shadows" which I watched today, fits into both methinks:

Londo: "Vir, do you believe in fate?"

Vir: "Well, actually I believe that there are currents in the universe. Eddies and tides that pull us one way or the other. Some we have to fight, and some we have to embrace. Unfortunatly, the currents we have to fight look exactly like the currents we have to embrace. The currents that we think are the ones that are going to make us stronger - they're the ones that are going to destroy us, and the ones that we think are going to destroy us - they're the ones that are going to make us stronger. Now..."

Londo: "VIR!!! Yes or no?!"

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
does anyone remember that one the seer says to Londo about greatness being called pride at young age, and something like that? (boy, am I confusing or what?)

[/quote]

it is in 'Point of no Return', can't remember how it goes though /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I love this one:

Sheridan to Bester:
"And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'm'ara." /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back