• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

QUESTIONS about B5 Hugo awards, ratings, and DVDs

ranger32

1) Can someone help me clear this up? I've read on some websites (more than one) that Babylon 5 won TWO Hugo Awards (for dramatic presentation) for two different episodes. But recently, I heard JMS (on one of the DVDs) mention that they won one Hugo and displayed it in an episode. He also wrote in one of the B5 script books that the show won A Hugo award ("a", meaning one). I distinctly remember reading a report online back when the show won both times. So, which is it? Did they win ONE or TWO Hugo awards? Which episode, if only one? Why the discrepancy?

2) Does anyone know what the ratings were for Babylon 5 when it originally aired in syndication and then on TNT? ( I remember reading once that B5 was #25 out of all syndicated shows on TV (I think there were almost a hundred shows, at that time). That was in the fourth season, but it didn't tell the actual ratings number or tell how many millions of viewers. Just curious. I wonder if it did better in the ratings in syndication or on TNT?

3) Also, does anyone know how many DVDs were sold for each season? I read that they sold well, but I never saw a total.

-Mike

1) Can someone help me clear this up? I've read on some websites (more than one) that Babylon 5 won TWO Hugo Awards (for dramatic presentation) for two different episodes. But recently, I heard JMS (on one of the DVDs) mention that they won one Hugo and displayed it in an episode. He also wrote in one of the B5 script books that the show won A Hugo award ("a", meaning one). I distinctly remember reading a report online back when the show won both times. So, which is it? Did they win ONE or TWO Hugo awards? Which episode, if only one? Why the discrepancy?

Two.

1996 for "The Coming of Shadows"

1997 for "Severed Dreams"

Don't know about ratings or per-season sales on the DVDs, sorry.

Jan

Back